When is Verizon planning to release Android 7 for the HTC 10? Some at Verizon knnows but they won't tell us their plans.
douga54
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why won't Verizon give a date for their planned release of Android 7 for the HTC 10?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When is Verizon planning to release Android 7 for the HTC 10?  Some at Verizon knnows but they won't tell us their plans.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Each carrier branded version of the phone has to be separately coded. The reason for unlocked versions to get the update first is there are no carrier specific code or testing procedures making it easy for the manufacturer to write it first. Then they can use that version to help write the other carrier variant updates. HTC is very open on their website where the various devices are in the update queue.

If you don't like the wait for updates, perhaps you should consider purchasing a device that doesn't have a long update schedule. For example, the Pixel phones or even the iPhone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When is Verizon planning to release Android 7 for the HTC 10?  Some at Verizon knnows but they won't tell us their plans.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless doesn't know until HTC has completed writing the code for it.

HTC Software Updates | HTC United States

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: When is Verizon planning to release Android 7 for the HTC 10? Some at Verizon knnows but they won't tell us their plans.
douga54
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is frustrating is that you see it being release all over the world and

no hint from Verizon about their version. Most of us think Verizon is

working up their version and we'd just like to know something about their

plans.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Each carrier branded version of the phone has to be separately coded. The reason for unlocked versions to get the update first is there are no carrier specific code or testing procedures making it easy for the manufacturer to write it first. Then they can use that version to help write the other carrier variant updates. HTC is very open on their website where the various devices are in the update queue.

If you don't like the wait for updates, perhaps you should consider purchasing a device that doesn't have a long update schedule. For example, the Pixel phones or even the iPhone.

0 Likes
Re: When is Verizon planning to release Android 7 for the HTC 10? Some at Verizon knnows but they won't tell us their plans.
douga54
Enthusiast - Level 3

I like my HTC 10. The lack of transparency on when to expect the release

is what I'm talking about. Guess we're at the mercy of Verizon and we'll

just have to wait. I do appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Verizon doesn't give status updates on version upgrades.  They know the backlash on being late on a "promised" date will be much worse than just keeping quite about it.

0 Likes
gpreitsma

Dear Verizon, if you're reading this. Please give us a hint of the current status. Please confirm that the HTC 10 on Verizon will receive the Nougat update as well. And let us know in what phase you are?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless can't release that information. Only HTC can.

0 Likes
JEFBYR91

I just chatted with HTC and they said it was up to Verizon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The low level reps don't have the complete information.

0 Likes