When on mobile data, my phone incorrectly thinks it's on eastern time instead of mountain time.
MackDog

Hi all,

I have an HTC One running 4.4.2 and noticed while driving around today that my phone was two hours ahead of the actual time. When I checked my settings, the phone was set to Automatic date & time and Automatic time zone. When I looked at the Select time zone field, it said Eastern time zone. However, I'm in the Mountain time zone. The time remained off by 2 hours for the entirety of my hour-long drive home. However, as soon as I got home and the phone connected to my wi-fi network, the time and time zone, went back to the correct time and zone. Any ideas what causes the problem?

John

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When on mobile data, my phone incorrectly thinks it's on eastern time instead of mountain time.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MackDog,

Help has arrived! Thanks for providing those very helpful details to help us determine the root cause of this concern.

The time zone located on the device is dependant on the GPS and data connection. It is possible it may have been a software glitch or it may have been misread by the GPS. The great news is, that is has since returned back to the correct time. Please continue to keep an eye out and let us know if this issue persists or was just a one time thing. If it happens again, try rebooting the phone immediately and see if it helps resolve the concern.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes