When will Android 7 be pushed out to Nexus 5X users?
druke73

Still waiting although the upgrade was released in August.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When will Android 7 be pushed out to Nexus 5X users?
rcschnoor
Legend

druke73 wrote:

I just switched back to my Nexus 5X this morning and the Android 7.0 update was waiting for me when I turned it on. My device is now running on Android 7.0.

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

This would be a better question asked on a Google forum. The Nexus 5x is not even a Verizon device with limited capability on Verizon's network. Regardless if it is on Verizon or any other provider, any update would be pushed out by Google, not Verizon or any other provider.

druke73

Contrary to what you may have heard from the Verizon marketing staff,  all Nexus devices - including the 5x - have full capabilities on the Verizon network. I'm trying to find out how Android updates are pushed out to devices: directly from Google or through the service providers conduit.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

druke73 wrote:

Contrary to what you may have heard from the Verizon marketing staff, all Nexus devices - including the 5x - have full capabilities on the Verizon network. I'm trying to find out how Android updates are pushed out to devices: directly from Google or through the service providers conduit.

This is incorrect and it is not because I have heard it from the "Verizon marketing staff". I KNOW from experience. I have a Nexus 5X and it IS NOT compatible with wifi calling on Verizon's network, so it DOES NOT have "full capabilities" on the Verizon network, however it does have most other capabilities.

It is a fine phone, I simply wish it had wifi calling on the Verizon network as most other current android devices and iPhones do. Being in and out of buildings with limited cellular signal, I am unable to send/receive calls as I can on either iPhones OR current android devices because those phones have wifi calling capabilities on the Verizon network where the Nexus 5X(or 6P for that matter) DOES NOT since it is not a phone supported by Verizon.

I am aware of some workarounds, but if you know of a way to activate wifi calling on the 5X so that my Verizon phone number will ring when I get no cellular signal but do have a wifi signal, I would be more than happy to be proven wrong and would HAPPILY give you kudos for doing so.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

druke73 wrote:

I just switched back to my Nexus 5X this morning and the Android 7.0 update was waiting for me when I turned it on. My device is now running on Android 7.0.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

In the case of Google, they can stagnate the updates between carriers, but they also do the update in waves. Not all Nexus 5X devices will receive the update on launch day. Since people are already reporting the update is coming, keep checking once a day and it should appear.

Sometimes, if you remove your Verizon SIM card and check for updates, you can force the update to come down.

0 Likes