When will Verizon Wireless carry the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active?!
DEWPDX

When will Verizon Wireless carry the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active?! Love the Samsung phones, but hate that [removed] gimmicky and fragile Edge display.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will Verizon Wireless carry the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active?!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When and if Samsung decides to make one compatible with the Verizon Wireless network and not keep the Active line as exclusive to other carriers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Pinztrek
Enthusiast - Level 1

You do know they have already released it for T-Mobil and Sprint? Its not been an AT&T exclusive for  some time. If Verizon does not have an Active underway, they are missing the boat.

I love the S8+ Electronics, but hate the screen. The S8 Active will likely be my next phone. The question is just on which network will it be.

I love my Droid Turbo 2. It's been a great phone. I wish I could buy an updated version.The S8 Active is the closest match: tough, QI charging, big battery relative to competitors.

ILIKESTUFF

If I bought an S8 Active that is on the Sprint network, can it be reconfigured to work with Verizon? If so, would it be simple, and are there any drawbacks?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ILIKESTUFF,

That's a great question! It's important to us that you have a device you love to use. I can definitely help with this. We're unable to guarantee if a non Verizon Wireless device will function properly on our network. If it is activated successful, we're unable to guarantee the service will operate properly due to the device is not designed to be compatible with our network. This would limit our troubleshooting abilities if a problem arised. Does this help? Are you in the market for a new phone?

JuanD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!