Anyone heard anything more about this? I can't seem to post directly to

the discussion thread since the new VZW community update thing. I keep

getting "an error has occurred or you may be logged out" even though I'm

logged in.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 pre-order?
eorde6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Would be nice if we got any kind if response with even a rough estimate so I know which carrier to choose

0 Likes
redup1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Stopped by my local Verizon store to look at the HTC One.  On the way out I asked a rep about the S5 and he told me they would start taking pre-orders on April 1st.  Who knows maybe he knew what he was talking about, will see.

0 Likes
c130flteng

Dwayne420 says

3) The new Edge program is has a seedy/crooked side...read it all carefully and think about it:

"Enjoy the latest smartphones all on America's largest, most reliable network. Then, upgrade your phone when it's right for you, without upgrade fees."

You can take advantage of the program after 30 days...IF you’ve paid off at least 50% of the severely bloated phone price. Do the math: most Edge program phone payments are $20-$30 per month (any decent phone is going to be charged to you at a minimum bloated price of $600)...so the earliest the average customer would be able to take advantage of the program would be at least after 10 months of payments. Of course you can place a down payment (up to 50%) or make larger monthly payments on your overpriced Edge program phone to reach that 50% threshold earlier...but...meh...the Verizon Edge program is a ripoff from the get-go.

There is one other area that you failed to mention. It may not be right for everyone but for  me with 4 phones on my plan it works out well. With a 10G shared plan I get a $20 discount for every edge phone I have on the plan. That means when I look at the 2 year price (@27.50 a month) I am really only paying $180 for my phone versus $200 for the contract price and I get the option of upgrading at 1 year and I just trade in my old phone for the new one and start over. I see that as a pretty good deal.

I still wish they would release the S5 date since I am waiting for that phone to update two phones on my account.

0 Likes
axel_2078
Contributor - Level 2

An April 1st release date would be great.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
aspiller98
Contributor - Level 1

Anyone else heard a April 1st preorder? Or not?

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
axel_2078
Contributor - Level 2

I went by my local VZW tonight to check out the new One M8. I was actually impressed with how fast and responsive it was and the interface was nice, but the camera really sucks. I asked one of the sales people if they knew when the S5 would be available and he said there is no official word but the Samsung rep he spoke with about it made it sound like it would be available within the next 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
NGorbet
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also went in store to try and get more info. I was told that they do not have any definite information, but are "hoping" to have it available some time in April... I'm tired of being jerked around with this (they have the phones in the ware house but are not releasing information because of the HTC one deal).

Verizon, you have until next week to get the facts out or another loyal customer will be jumping ship to AT&T.

0 Likes
aspiller98
Contributor - Level 1

Next week I'm going to AT&T. 95% sure I will UNLESS a miracle happens and Verizon preorders the S5 and I get it on April 11t. If that doesn't happen then it's goodbye Verizon and hello AT&T

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Not applicable

Like I told you before. You have to have patience or you must do what you have to do.

Good Luck on AT&T