Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 pre-order?
DGP1111
Enthusiast - Level 3

One would certainly hope that "pre-orders" would, indeed, begin prior to the official launch date announced by Samsung in February . . . but I've personally accepted that is just NOT going to happen.  I don't know the internal business side of Verizon's decisions on this, but the HTC exclusive seemed to grab their undivided attention (and I'm not sure those Verizon sales of the M8 have been too stellar), and then there's online chit-chat about the new Sony equipment making a rare arrival to Verizon soon.  Who knows??

But I am personally tired/frustrated with the seemingly pathetic way Verizon has handled the marketing (or non-marketing) of this newest Samsung device.  If I didn't totally hate AT&T I would make the switch, but I left them in 2000 and swore to never return.  I'm keeping that promise.

I've done the online chat with multiple Verizon representatives, and I've offered a copy/paste of earlier replies within those chats to prove the information is both inconsistent and wrong.  People get very silent when I do that.  They also get silent when I suggest we end the chat session so I can take the survey and indicate my 'satisfaction level' with the information being offered . . . or not offered.  Their recent survey scores should be quite interesting.  I'll do another one later today.

0 Likes
axel_2078
Contributor - Level 2

I'm starting to wonder if April 11th will come and the phones will

officially launch everywhere else..... and all without a single word from

Verizon on the matter. I'm kind of surprised they haven't taken down the

Galaxy S5 preorder page yet. I guess the rumor that the preorder would

start today is already busted. The next rumor on the list is that it will

start on the 5th, which I highly doubt since that is a Saturday.

0 Likes
Cruser2008
Contributor - Level 2

4/4/14 at 12:01AM is when the phone will be dropped.

0 Likes
axel_2078
Contributor - Level 2

What makes you so sure?

0 Likes
Cruser2008
Contributor - Level 2

Trust me, come online at midnight or a little after, you'll see the phone on the site for pre-order

0 Likes
SuckaFree
Enthusiast - Level 3

does it matter? everything on the internet is true

0 Likes
Cruser2008
Contributor - Level 2

It does when you get offered OT out of the blue.

0 Likes
axel_2078
Contributor - Level 2

OT? I'm not quite sure what you mean here.

0 Likes
Cruser2008
Contributor - Level 2

I was offered overtime and I guarantee to you that the s5 will be on the site at midnight or soon after midnight.

tchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pretty sure im hitting up AT&T if theres no preorder by the 8th. Not only because of the GS5 but because verizon is always jsut copying AT&T,T-Mobile and everyone else with their plans and such any ways meaning theyre always behind. Let alone software updates.