Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 pre-order?
redup1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I pre-ordered an upgrade thru Verizon web site on 4/4 at 2:45AM.  I have no idea what happen to my order, but on 4/10 when I checked status of my order it showed up as shipped on 4/4 and my FedEx tracking number was my FIOS Router's IP address.  Verizon could not explain this and it never changed.  I spent Friday 4/11 trying to cancel the pre-order.  Verizon assured me it was canceled and that my account would clear so I could by another phone by 4/12!!!  Well 4/12 came and went, so I patiently waited until 4/14 and my account still showed that I had already ordered a phone so could not buy another.  Also, my pre-order still showed same info as 4/10.  I called Verizon customer service, they passed me to sales after not being able to understand/resolve my issue assuring me Sales could fix it!  Sales was very enthusiastic when I first called but quickly lost their enthusiasm when they discovered my account showed and outstanding phone against my upgrade.  The agent apologized, said nothing she could do, and passed me back to customer service.  After 45 minutes I convinced that agent as to my problem.  She assured me my pre-order had been cancelled on 4/11, but did not understand why I could order another phone.  The agent placed me on hold, coming back in 10 minutes or so telling me her supervisor also could not order a new phone showing the account pending activation of a phone.  The agent assured my this would be resolved and that she would call me back.  Over the next hour she updated me once then called back to say the issue was resolved and I could now order another phone, I check and finally after days of aggravation I was free and clear to re-order the S5.  I stopped by the local Verizon store, they had ZERO phones, local Best Buy only had white S5s.  I stopped by anoter Best Buy around 9PM 4/14 and they had ONE Black S5 and it is now mine.  Love the phone but sure do not like the days of aggravation the S5 Pre-Order put me through.  Lesson learned for me!!!  Smiley Happy

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

redup1,

Upgrading to a brand new device is a very exciting time and I apologize for your recent experience which delayed the process. We absolutely value your time and business and I'm glad to hear that the issue has since been resolved and you have had the opportunity to purchase and test the device.

We hope you continue to enojoy your S5! If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do no hesitate to reach out to us at your convenience.

EfrainM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
VladTheImpala
Contributor - Level 1

I'm about to start my fifth day with the S5. It's very smooth, packed with features and is better than Samsung described, thus far. The device integrates well with our Samsung TV and the phone makes calls which have a velvety timbre to them. I like to use the phone without the Bluetooth earpiece just to enjoy the richness of that sound.

0 Likes