Where can we report issues with the Lollipop 5.0 software?
ssmith93

Is there a Samsung Forum or feedback option anywhere?

I found a forum that said there was an option under settings - about phone...but my phone doesn't have that option.

After updating to Lollipop 5.0 on the Galaxy S4 - My ringer volume lowers on it's own, by bluetooth drops connection randomly, phone freezes....etc..

My mom and boyfriend have the same phone....same issues.

Anyone have a fix or a way to report these issues?

thanks!~

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where can we report issues with the Lollipop 5.0 software?
Tidbits
Legend

It's a Samsung product not a Verizon product. Verizon doesn't write the code and is owned by Samsung. The best Verizon can do is send Samsung complaints and it up to Samsung to fix them.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kappa00073

having the same issues.  and still no answers from verizon. this update ruined a perfectly good phone!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ssmith93,

Device updates can be new and exciting, but there can be some hiccups. We want you to be able to enjoy your device and the new Lollipop software. Let's get you loving this device  again. Can you give me some more detail? What kind of applications do you have on your device? Any particular function that causes the freezing? Please visit our support site http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s-4-troubleshooting/ for some options on how to resolve some specific issues you may be having.

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kappa00073

I have tried everything on your trouble shooting page and still no luck.  I don't have my phone loaded with apps and have even deleted them systematically after installing update and then even did a factory reset and still nothing worked.  Samsung keeps saying its a verizon issue and you guys keeps saying it's a Samsung issue.  Can you please just work out a fix??  I love my S4 and don't feel I should have to buy a new phone because your upgrade messed up my phone!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's a Samsung product not a Verizon product. Verizon doesn't write the code and is owned by Samsung. The best Verizon can do is send Samsung complaints and it up to Samsung to fix them.

0 Likes
kappa00073

Understood Tidbits but the reason why we on verizon wait upwards of 6 months for any Android update (code written by Google not Samsung) is because verizon takes these updates and rewrites to include all their bloatware.

So either way this update has mess up my phone as well as other S4 and S5 phones on verizon.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Nope... Manufacturers already get the "bloat ware" in advance and they are already tested. That's an old speculated story that has been passed around since the inception of Android and first updates. As far as recently manufacturers have said what I just said

Each model for each device has their own developmental team. That's why they are handed in at different times. If an update fails testing it goes back to that team.

0 Likes