Re: Which version of the gear s2 comes free?
Tidbits
Legend

Tschneider2 wrote:

per the Verizon store the free version is 3g Bluetooth only, so I would have to lug my phone with me still (its not stand alone.  They will give me 100.00 towards the purchase of the stand alone version, so it would be 200 he said

Store reps don't know.  They are not part of the promotion only online is part of the promotion.

0 Likes
Lenictavus
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tidbits, it doesn't appear that site has accurate information. Custom support says it is bluetooth only version as well not 3g

[Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Then tell them to adjust the website and show them.  I bet these reps don't know...

Some food for though.  Verizon likes money.  If they can get people to buy the wearable plan and get about 10-30% of the people in this promo on it then they'd make all the money they lost in the promotion and then some.  By them giving out the Bluetooth version they have no way of making residual income.

When the dust clears people will find out it's the 3G version as it would be false advertising if they didn't based on their own advertisements.

0 Likes
Lenictavus
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not sure where it would be false advertising, they do advertise the retail prices and they match up with the promotion details on the site, and the wearables plan is only 5 dollars a month but I agree it would probably be beneficial to get more people on it.

Bluetooth S2 retails for 299.99 which the promotion is for, sales don't affect the MSRP.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Look at the photo above that's FALSE advertising when you look at their pricing.  Regardless of what the rules say it is in fact false advertising.  The first part specifically for Samsung shows the same thing. $299.99 while the Verizon 3G version is $299.99 on contract as that's the only way Samsung advertises it So both would be $299.99 in Samsungs View.  I believe in another thread similar to this one the rules even at one point had it as $349.99 retail value and later was changed when Samsung own website design changed.  I wonder if I posted screenshots in that one. 

Anyway it will be the 3G version and if not people will get the 3G version with the help of the FTC.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Also just wanted to add Samsung did change it...  They had to or people may mistaken they should get this version

Samsung Gear S2 Classic Black | Samsung US

which Verizon retail price is $399.99

Samsung Gear S2 classic | Verizon Wireless

Since the prices are different on their websites and Samsung did in fact change their website design and some of their pricing they changed the price to reflect their pricing.

Here's where the confusion comes in...  Verizon Ups S7 Ante with $100 Bill Credit, Free Smartwatch Offers when reps ask you are getting mixed answer from different parts of the promotions. It's the 3G version you are getting.  If you got your phone from in store you get the VR headset promotion early and Verizon will let you have $100 off the contract price ($150 total) for the Gear S2.

0 Likes
Lenictavus
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your links don't show that it is the 3G version of the S2 though.

Verizon reps confirmed it is the Bluetooth version only with the S7 promotion.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you say when everything is said and done you will see they are in fact 3G and if they are not there is legal grounds for a lawsuit based on Verizon's advertising.  They show'd their retail price and they only have 1 Gear that retails for that price.  No matter what the reps say after the fact matters as they still publicly advertise that price.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to receive the correct information, Lenictavus. Here's the best link to answer all your questions. http://bit.ly/1QxUgKW

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FamilyMan951
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is in the Terms and Conditions

Participants who purchase on VZW.com will be able to select one (1) of the following two (2) gifts: either a Samsung Gear VR (est. $100 value) and a 6-game Oculus content bundle (est. $50 value); or (ii) a Samsung Gear S2 (est. $300 value, color selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion; no more than 35,000 Gear S2 watches are available in this Offer).

0 Likes