Why, Before Android 4.4 everything worked fine, After the update to 5.1 . . Text is useless and unreliable.
Digital_Unity
Enthusiast - Level 2

So begin, I have had Sony Xperia phones for the last 10 years, and I never had a problem with them at all.

Three days ago I updated Android from 4.4 to 5.1 and immediately my text went away. I still have e-mail

and wifi, but text is gone. I phoned 611 for help and I was told to use a different app for my texting. Like

maybe Messenger + or something. People, it doesn't matter which one I choose whether it's from Verizon,

Google or open source. They are not working and I want to know who is going to fix it, and by what time tomorrow.

If there isn't a fix for it then I want to reload Android 4.4. I have seen that others have been having this problem since

March of 2015 !! If it's the Android program then pay my monthly phone bill until you fix it, and don't release an update

until you have proven that it works. In this day and age a problem of this kind is ridiculous. As well as being left unattended

to correcting for almost a year! Please give me some feed back as to how I can have my phone function 100% again.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why, Before Android 4.4 everything worked fine, After the update to 5.1 . . Text is useless and unreliable.
xperiaz3v
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just talked to verizon and their [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] , and the advanced tech support guy got on the phone, and asked me if I had everything backed up, I said yes, he said good now reset your phone and it should fix it, I'm theirs no way it will, I JUST DID IT AND IT WORKS, [removed] SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT HES DOING!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why, Before Android 4.4 everything worked fine, After the update to 5.1 . . Text is useless and unreliable.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are supposed to enhance your device, not create more problems. Let's get to the bottom of this together. After doing this update, did you update the software of all te indiviual applications on your device?
NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ceelow7

I am having this same issue on my Z3, except in my case Message+ is the only app I can send text through. I tried using: the default Messaging app; Google Hangouts; and Google Messenger, but none of them work anymore after the update.

0 Likes
xperiaz3v
Enthusiast - Level 2

They all updated but still don't work, send your software developers back to college

0 Likes
xperiaz3v
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue

0 Likes
Chesterjb

Everything is up-to-date,  I'm getting info that the sms number needs to be changed... But I don't see how it can be done.

0 Likes
Digital_Unity
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello NicholeK_VZW, to answer your question. No I didn't update any of the apps initially. The problem with texting was immediate after my phone's update to 5.1. The person who I spoke with from 611 mentioned to use verizon's Message+, of which I never used so I updated the app. Still not much was solved. So I'm not in the mood for taking a bottle of aspirin for relieving the pain for the loss of an arm. ( my text messages). Also, following on Twitter is a lost cause since that's out as well. Surgically, we don't need band aids, this is bigger than a cut or bad bruise. Is there a doctor in your house? Time is precious and this problem is wasting what little of it I have. I hope you are able to help me find a solid solution. I have confidence in you Nichole, please help. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Digital_Unity!

Let's find you that solid solution you're looking for, I'm so sorry for this inconvenience. Let's try some troubleshooting. Please download a 3rd party messaging application and test your messaging. This way we can see if the issue is with the application and go from there.

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Digital_Unity
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Christina,

So it's obvious Verizon doesn't have a real solution for this 1 year problem. Sorry I'm harsh but I really thought Verizon would do more than simply hide behind a wall of smoke and mirrors. I know you are simply doing your job, but the people above you have failed to do theirs. Are you happy with being there knowing you're doing your best, and having to hold up the people above?

Aside of the outburst, to answer your question yes I have loaded 5 other messaging apps and nothing works.

To me it's obvious that the upgrade caused the problem, and it's not compatible with Verizon's system. If this happened to the boys upstairs do you think they would wait a year (if possible a day) to find a solution? Verizon should treat customers like executives and take out the endless doors of dead ends. Remember we are paying for nothing right now. Please find a solution and make it right.

Take care,

Matt

0 Likes
Digital_Unity
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wonder how many others have had this problem in the course of updating from Android 4.4 to 5.1? Does Verizon keep numbers on things like this? I bet they do. Please feel free to share, I'm curious.

Thank you.