Re: Why, Before Android 4.4 everything worked fine, After the update to 5.1 . . Text is useless and unreliable.
xperiaz3v
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just talked to verizon and their [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] , and the advanced tech support guy got on the phone, and asked me if I had everything backed up, I said yes, he said good now reset your phone and it should fix it, I'm theirs no way it will, I JUST DID IT AND IT WORKS, [removed] SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT HES DOING!

0 Likes
Re: Why, Before Android 4.4 everything worked fine, After the update to 5.1 . . Text is useless and unreliable.
Gemini94
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since upgrade I've been having problems with my WiFi I am using up all my data. Now happy at all with upgrade

0 Likes
KingRaptor79

I'm having the same problem on my Xperia z3 v I can't send or receive any text messages with any apps.  I've downloaded several different third-party texting apps and none of them work.

0 Likes
ceelow7

I tried a factory reset, it fixed the issue. I must have missed that step during the update

0 Likes
Digital_Unity
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, it seems Verizon is staying quiet on this. I've issued a formal complaint to the FCC about the continuing problem that a lot of people are having. I've also heard from people who are with AT&T having the exact problems people with Verizon are having. Since most epidemics are too large for companies to handle perhaps the Government can have a try.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phones on AT&T are having the same issue, wouldn't you think the manufacturer might have something to do with finding the issue and fixing it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Digital_Unity
Enthusiast - Level 2

Perhaps, but it's really only phones in the US. So it's a US carrier problem too.

0 Likes
Digital_Unity
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Everyone,

The suggestion by xperia3v above worked. I don't know why the minions didn't offer that as a solution. Thank you

xperia3v.

Funny thing along the way . . . Now Verizon is saying I need to update my software with DAILY REMINDERS!!

Ok Verizon, stop the nonsense please. (A) I already updated, no thanks to you. (B) Why can't I shut off your reminders? It's my choice to update,right? As you have so clearly stated somewhere in the small unreadable print. So stop with the mindless reminders of things I really don't need. Never have I had such a hassle with a phone carrier before for no reason.

kmathrn

I'd like to know where my microphone went.  😞

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kmathrn we appreciate you and your business. I use the microphone frequently on my phone as well. I would like to clarify a few things. What make and model phone do you have and where was the microphone previously located?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes