Why Does My Content Transfer App Keep Resetting?
SHEWIG15

Got a new Samsung j3 v and want to transfer from my old Samsung strat.  Loaded the content app on both but on my old phone once I choose transfer from button it resets to the title screen.  Any ideas don't want lose the data.  Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Content Transfer App keeps reseting
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try a text backup and restore app from the Play Store.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The application might not be fully compatible with that old of a phone. What kind data are you looking to transfer? There might be other ways to move it from the old phone to the new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SHEWIG15

Just the texts, the rest I can restore from the cloud

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try a text backup and restore app from the Play Store.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Agreed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SHEWIG15

It worked, a bit of a kludge but it worked.  Used Carbonite through Dropbox.  Had to force the program to find the old files.  Thanks for your help.  When did we agree to become our own IT guys.  The last time I changed phones, Verizon did it all no questions asked, this time got a blank stare and told to do it myself.  Same is true for PC's and work IT, so this isn't just a rant at Verizon.  I get that it keeps costs down (and profits up).  Thanks once again for your help

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Personally, I have never trusted the reps in the store to assist with transferring the data from one phone to another.

0 Likes