Why Does My LG V10 Keep Deleting Apps?
imqurnot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having a recurring issue with my LG V10 regarding apps that are missing on my phone. The issue occurs when I restart my phone (usually after the battery dies and is recharged). There are a bunch of apps that are replaced with the android icon and when I click on them "App isn't available" or "App is not installed". I checked to see if the issue was just the shortcut but it is actually the app not being installed on my phone. I've gone back to the Play store and reinstalled the app only to have it happen again upon restart. Most of the apps are google apps but not all. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I do have an SD card but the apps in question are saved to internal memory.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: lg v10 missing apps
imqurnot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ended up doing the factory reset. Tech support over the phone went through some steps with me as well as some associates in-store. The conclusion was to have the phone replaced. Since this seemed to be a software issue, I opted for the reset option and it solved the problem.

By the way, my battery performance is MUCH improved since the reset. I'm not sure how or why but it is.

View solution in original post

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I have never heard of this.

Specifically which apps are you experiencing this with?

0 Likes
imqurnot
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's kind of random and not the same apps every time. However, most are Google apps. Some are apps I never use, like Google Sheets, Google docs, etc. But it also affects Google play books, YouTube music, Android Pay, Google Drive. Other apps affected were Yahoo Fantasy Sports, Candy Crush, Spades and the VZW Support app.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I would suggest to do a factory reset if pulling the battery doesn't fix the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important to us that you are able to access any apps without a problem, imqurnot and we would be happy to help.

Have you managed to apply the most recent software update to the phone? Also, before performing a factory rest, safe mode will also help answer a few questions http://vz.to/2bYZ4I7 Please reach back out when you have the opportunity.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
imqurnot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ended up doing the factory reset. Tech support over the phone went through some steps with me as well as some associates in-store. The conclusion was to have the phone replaced. Since this seemed to be a software issue, I opted for the reset option and it solved the problem.

By the way, my battery performance is MUCH improved since the reset. I'm not sure how or why but it is.