Why Is My Device Having Battery Issues After Update?
ROBAK20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just updated my phone to VS99513A last night and this morning my battery is draining very quickly. almost 50 in 1hr and a half.  Also the phone is physically hot.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Recent LGV20 update battery issues
ROBAK20
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems like the recent battery drain issues were Facebook's fault! The messenger app was not working correctly.

"@bestsportnascar @alxpap issue was isolated and fixed server side. If you restart Messenger th…

View solution in original post

azakri93

I've had the update (VS99513A) for about a week and haven't had any problems until this morning. My battery went from 100% to roughly 80% in 30 min and all I did was connect my phone to my car via Bluetooth to listen to music with the phone screen off. The phone was hot to touch after driving. Later, I opened my music app to scroll through my song library and system settings to check on battery drain since this morning. When an app was open, it seems that the battery would drain 1% about every 5 min or faster and that the phone was quickly overheating.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

One of the best thing you can do after an update is to clear the cache partition on your phone and make sure that all the apps you use are updated and the ones you don't use are disabled. It also takes a few days for the phone to catch up to the updates and will eventual settle down. I hope this helps

0 Likes
ROBAK20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have my apps taken care of but I'll try clearing the cache.

Thanks for the suggestion

ROBAK20
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems like the recent battery drain issues were Facebook's fault! The messenger app was not working correctly.

"@bestsportnascar @alxpap issue was isolated and fixed server side. If you restart Messenger th…