Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why am I having a hard time getting service?
Sharnicedan

I have a Samsung Galaxy J1 now. I turned it on to activate it but it wasn't working so I clicked skipped activation and I went to my Verizon. I added the device and sim card number successfully and I changed my plan to $30. I turned on my phone and it signals me that I need service. I click on it and it tells me to log in my Verizon. I log in and its saying Add a data package. But nothing shows up, the add button isn't highlighted and I can only press cancel. I shouldn't have to add one since my plan doesn't require data. I can't make calls or text without the service on but I paid for it on myverizon already and it says its active and it has my device added so I don't know what's wrong.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Having issues with getting service
Sharnicedan

I was able to call the number and get my service turned on! It turns out I just needed to reset the phone. Thank you so much, and especially for the people who took the time to help me on the phone. I really appreciate it and am very satisfied! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sharnicedan, let's get your phone working. I notice that you have a prepaid phone. Are you trying to activate a prepaid account? If you are, please reach out to 888-294-6804. If this is for Verizon post-paid, are you adding this phone to an existing account or line?
JoelRR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sharnicedan

I was able to call the number and get my service turned on! It turns out I just needed to reset the phone. Thank you so much, and especially for the people who took the time to help me on the phone. I really appreciate it and am very satisfied! Smiley Happy

0 Likes