Why am I not receiving text msgs from one person?
fortyniner
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not receiving text messages from one person, that I'm aware of.  I am receiving messages from others, and she is able to receive texts from others. We both have android phones and both have service with Verizon.  Any ideas why?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving text msgs from one person
fortyniner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found something on the internet suggesting to go to Settings - Apps - Messaging app - and do a Force Stop.  I did that and then powered down and restarted my phone.  This problem started about the time I updated to Android to 6.0.1 - Marshmello I think.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are either of you using Verizon Messages?  If so, do you have the latest version?

Verizon Messages - v.6.4.5

0 Likes
fortyniner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found something on the internet suggesting to go to Settings - Apps - Messaging app - and do a Force Stop.  I did that and then powered down and restarted my phone.  This problem started about the time I updated to Android to 6.0.1 - Marshmello I think.

0 Likes
fortyniner
Enthusiast - Level 2

And yes, the Force Stop, and restart of my phone fixed the problem.

0 Likes
Re: Why am I not receiving text msgs from one person?
sgpaul

Delete the whole conversation thread with this one person and restart a new.  That fixed this problem for me.

0 Likes
Re: Why am I not receiving text msgs from one person?
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes