Why are calls fading in and out?
Roadrunner85

Bought a Droid Turbo and it started fading in and out during conversations.  Then the internal speaker went out and Verizon sent me a refurbished phone. This phone is doing the same thing now in and out.  Techs worked with us and phone wouldn't do a reset.  First phone wouldn't either.  Replaced sim and did a reset on this one.  Couple days later people are telling me I'm in and out again.  Has anyone else had this problem?  What did you do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo fading in ad out
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Roadrunner85,

Your Droid Turbo sound shoud lbe crystal clear. Sorry to hear that this is still not occurring on the replacement device. I know it can be frustrating to have someone partially hear your call. Lets roll up our sleeves and get this fixed. Does the issue occur everywhere you go or in just one area? Did you have the same case on both devices? Is there a bluetooth headset being used on the device?

Thanks,
PamelaFFFF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Roadrunner85

I have a leather case. It has happened in different locations along with different people on the other side. I do have a blue tooth headset. I can leave the blue tooth home and go off and it will do it. I can have the blue tooth with me and it does it then also. Blue tooth is off usually. All of these calls I have had my ear to the phone. This one also says something about when I call someone it comes up and says retry or something like that. I have to redial. That’s a new one. I’ve used Droid’s for years and recommend them, but I am at my wicks end with this one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Roadrunner85

Thanks for clarifying and for providing additional information!  Let’s take a closer look to see what is actually causing this problem.  You mentioned you have a leather case on your device.  Did you use the same case with your previous device?  Where did you purchase the case?  And have you tested the audio on calls with the case removed?  Lastly, please tell me your device’s current software version number: http://vz.to/13Dxdb7.  Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Roadrunner85

The software version is Android 5.1 and the case is NOT the issue as it is just a leather case from Verizon http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/universalleatherpouchstyle1/

and is not on the phone when I am trying to talk. Also spoke with another rep today who opened a trouble ticket on the phone since she thinks it has to do with the signal at my home. It is not the signal, it is the phone as it does it whether I am home, work, driving, wherever I am at. This is an issue with a Droid Turbo as I have a droid ultra and a droid 4 that has none of these issues so it is not the network or the case, it IS THE PHONE.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Roadrunner85, I can understand how frustrating this is for you and we want to get down to the bottom of this. Thank you for providing the software version. The troubles that you are having with the calls fading in and out do you find that this happens on incoming calls, outgoing calls or every  call?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes