Why aren't messages coming to my device?
mdh38
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a brand new LG G4 - less than one week of use, as of today.  Today, day 6, I decided to test out the integrated messaging system for the first time, even though I've been a Vzw mobile customer for ages.  Once I connected my MacBook Pro to my VZW messages, I saw that I had actually received messages on the desktop messaging app that I had been waiting hours for to come through on my phone.  I have since restarted my new phone multiple times and I have great 4G coverage. It's now 5 hours past the original send time and still no update to my messages on my phone.  Had I not synced my messages today, I wouldn't have known that I actually received responses.  I should not have to rely on a web version of my messages to confirm that I'm actually receiving messages. This is disturbing - customers pay too much money to VZW to have basic SMS/MMS to have flaws like this.  I want to know why my messages still have not come through after so much time has passed?

What's going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Missing Messages on phone via VZW Integrated Messaging System
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you aren't returning the device, you'd have better luck calling in to the tech department. Folks at the store are primarily sales associates meaning they will want to sell you stuff and have minimal information on fixes.

You could try to clear the cache and data of the messaging app, just back up any message threads you want to save.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Does it happen intermittently? Is it always from the same contact? Does it vary?

0 Likes
mdh38
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far it has only happened with one message in a group chat. Their replies were standard texts, no pictures or multimedia.  I just activated the service today, so I'm not sure if I've been missing other messages. I don't plan on going through every message to check.  But so far it has only happened once, and I'm looking for an explanation.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Because it's only happened once, and it was a group message, it could be an issue on the other persons device/carrier. I think it can be like e-mail, some just get lost in transit. Definitely keep an eye on it, but I don't think it's a cause to be concerned just yet.

0 Likes
mdh38
Enthusiast - Level 2

The same issue just happened again. Received a group message from someone and the message came through on my laptop Messaging app, but not on my phone.  Ten minutes later, still no message on my phone.

I'm on 4G and have all network/service bars.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you happen to open the text on your computer?

0 Likes
mdh38
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, the text only came through on the computer.

The scary part is that I may be missing messages if I close the app on my computer.

The very first time it happened, I hadn't even activated/synced the service yet, so I'm confused on what the issue is.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I can't help but wonder if the integrated messaging is the issue. Sometimes I am at the computer when a  email comes through first on my computer and when I open it, it registers it as opened and won't alert me on my phone. The difference is once I sync the phone the email will appear as already opened. Vise versa if I get it on my phone first.

0 Likes
mdh38
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, ditto. The only issue is that the messages never make it to my phone.

Looks like I'll have to go to a VZW store.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you aren't returning the device, you'd have better luck calling in to the tech department. Folks at the store are primarily sales associates meaning they will want to sell you stuff and have minimal information on fixes.

You could try to clear the cache and data of the messaging app, just back up any message threads you want to save.

0 Likes