Why aren't my text messages sending?
aclif10

Hello!

My Droid DNA usually runs perfectly, but this weekend my phone started having problems downloading messages and gives me errors that my text did not send, but I would get reply texts to the messages my phone would tell me had problems sending. I thought maybe I was just in an area where there was bad reception this weekend, but I am at work today, where I usually have excellent signal and have never had this issue before, and it is not downloading messages. Receiving messages only gives me problems when in group conversations, but the errors of messages not sending happens both with individual and group messages. Has anyone had this issue recently? Is it a network problem, or should I get my phone serviced? This is its birthday month, I got it a year ago today, so maybe Verizon is purposefully trying to get me to buy a new phone (that first year mark is where I ALWAYS begin to have trouble with my Verizon phones). I tried the old school *228, but, of course, that did nothing. Please let me know if you have had this same problem!

Happy Monday!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text Message Issues
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Although I haven't had the same problem, I do have a few suggestions you might try to get text messaging working better...

Try clearing the cache for your text messaging app or even do a system cache clear.  No data is lost but it does wonders for the functioning of the phone.

Try deleting old text messages - it'll free up some memory, clear out clutter, and can only hlep things.

*228 does nothing (as you said) on a 4G LTE phone.  Instead, remove the SIM card, then restart the phone with the SIM card back in place to "reconnect" with the network; it may improve your text messaging capability.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Text Message Issues
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Although I haven't had the same problem, I do have a few suggestions you might try to get text messaging working better...

Try clearing the cache for your text messaging app or even do a system cache clear.  No data is lost but it does wonders for the functioning of the phone.

Try deleting old text messages - it'll free up some memory, clear out clutter, and can only hlep things.

*228 does nothing (as you said) on a 4G LTE phone.  Instead, remove the SIM card, then restart the phone with the SIM card back in place to "reconnect" with the network; it may improve your text messaging capability.

0 Likes