Why can I STILL not send/receive MMS after trying every app, deleting, uninstalling, and resetting phone MULTIPLE times?
stacilynn86

I've tried absolutely EVERY POSSIBLE suggested fix and nothing.  I've had my phone since February, and it worked up until about 3 weeks ago.  My phone hasn't done any updates that I'm aware of, and I've checked manually for updates.  WHY???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can I STILL not send/receive MMS after trying every app, deleting, uninstalling, and resetting phone MULTIPLE times?
Kilala30
Enthusiast - Level 2

check to make sure cellular data is on, picture messaging doesn't work on wifi only. if that doesn't work and you have an iphone going into settings > general > reset > and reset network settings will sometimes work, on android devices you can go into menu > settings > apps (or application manager) swipe over to all, go down to messaging and clear data out of your messaging app. if none of that works I had a level 2 tech reset my picture messaging network once and that fixed it. hope that helps!

0 Likes
Re: Why can I STILL not send/receive MMS after trying every app, deleting, uninstalling, and resetting phone MULTIPLE times?
stacilynn86

Been there, done that, and no improvement.  I've searched for weeks on different "fixes" and tried them all.  Smiley Sad  Thanks for your help though!

0 Likes
Re: Why can I STILL not send/receive MMS after trying every app, deleting, uninstalling, and resting phone MULTIPLE times?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stacilynn13,

I am so sorry to hear about your issues with send MMS messages. We want you to be able to enjoy all services. What device type do you have? Please private message me so I can dive deeper into this MMS messaging issue.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
janet26478

I'm having the same problem, for about 3 weeks, as well. I'm using an LG Lucid. I receive a "multimedia message" that says, for example, Message size: 16KB Expires May 8, and has a download button. If I hit download, it shows that it's downloading for a few seconds, then shows message has expired. This is happening with photos people have tried to send me and multi-recipient messages. Also, the messages won't delete unless I remove an entire conversation string.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi janet26478

That would be very frustrating. Let's get to the bottom of this quickly. Great suggestions by Kilala30! Is your wifi turned off? If the person resends the same message do the results change? Let's also check the area. What zip are you in?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
janet26478

I took the phone by a local Verizon store and they found that the mobile network settings had the data enabled feature turned off. reset it and everything started working. this morning, the feature was once again disabled. Since getting to that screen is a 3 step process, I'm still not sure what's going on.

0 Likes
srodezno

I've been having this photo/multimedia message nightmare for a week now, too. 

Friends will share pictures and none will come through as they did before.  For example, just this morning (Sunday, May 25, 2014) a friend sent a message with a picture attached. I quickly got a "download" bubble in my message interface.  These bubbles never showed up until a week ago.  I clicked on the bubble, quickly a "downloading" bubble came up, and then (alas!)  a message that the "download expired" appeared. 

I tried a tactic:  I sent a message to myself to see if my text messaging was working: this was just fine.  Then I attempted to send a message with an image attached.

The message did not send at all.

I got a message saying " sorry, you cannot attach this image to this message." What is going on????

I only had the phone for a month now and don't understand what (if anything) is different in my settings. Help!

0 Likes
janet26478

I went into a Verizon store and the associate checked my phone, said mobile data was turned off.

go to settings, data usage, then mobile data should be first thing in the list. he turned it on and everything started working again. 2 days later it happened again. I know I'm not turning it off, but at least I know how to turn it back on now.

0 Likes