Why can't I connect with my mobile hotspot?
pike0331

When trying to use my hotspot I keep getting a message my phone cannot connect to verizon server. The reasons listed are due to low service, a down server, or something about proxies. I know my service is fine I can stream video without issue, receive calls etc

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hotspot
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then the hotspot feature won't work until you add it.

If you were using FoxFi, I just read it is broken.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What service plan do you have? Nationwide Plan, Share/Morr Everything Plans, Verizon Plans? What size data plan do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pike0331

Nation wide plan, and unlimited data

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you subscribe to and pay for the mobile hotspot feature at $30 per month?

0 Likes
pike0331

no

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then the hotspot feature won't work until you add it.

If you were using FoxFi, I just read it is broken.

0 Likes
pike0331

yeah I use foxfi, I didn't know it broke though? Was this recent?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/11/21/foxfi-has-stopped-working-with-verizon/

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

That function should soon be fixed. PdaNet functions in a similar fashion and should still be working.

FoxFi is likely sending a provisioning request off to Verizon. In order to hide any tethering traffic must be proxied through the phone's existing data session. You'll be dealing with NAT and lacking IPv6, but no big deal for that right now. Use VPN for safe measure to ensure any DPI is not going to prove to be an issue.