Why can't I get voice mail?
Paintingpenguin

So I recently upgraded from my LG cosmos to this nice little HTC Desire smartphone, mind you my very first smartphone. This isn't my first time I've come across this problem actually. My cosmos had this problem too. Now, that didn't bother me at the time since I never needed my voicemail but, I am going to be moving into Michigan soon, away from my family, I need my voicemail for incoming calls for job opportunities and for my computer illiterate father to leave me messages. I figured, alright maybe since I got a new phone I need to reset my voicemail alright no biggy but, when I go to my voicemail I get "This phone number is currently a non working number, please check the number and try again, thank you for using verizon wireless." how is my number a non working number if I can get texts? okay whatever fine. I try calling my phone with our home phone, busy signal. What the heck verizon??. So then I turn to verizon online to see if there's anything I can do to trouble shoot it. Remove and insert the sims card? did that, didn't work. Airplane mode on? no..., do I have service? yes. So what the hell is going on?? Can someone help me out? something that ACTUALLY works? I tried contacting verizon but since I work night shift and am usually asleep during their business hours I can't really contact them. My dad is tired of calling me and not being able to get my voicemail because I was busy, away from my phone, or it died. I am tired of missing calls from potential jobs because I am asleep from working nights and them not being able to leave a message! I would like this fixed before the end of the year cause I'd like to be moved in before december but I can't move until I got a job waiting for me which I can't get BECAUSE MY PHONE WONT LET ME GET VOICE MAILS!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail not working?, non working number, busy signal?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Paintingpenguin, congratulations on your new smartphone.  I want to make sure that we work together to get all of your features up and running ASAP. I don’t want you to miss any more important phone calls from the family or potential job offers. I want to make sure that the device is being registered on our the network the correctly. I did request to follow you. I also sent you a Direct Message. Can you please respond back to that message. I’m looking forward to working with you.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call support if you still can and request them to re-provision/re-build your line. It sounds like an upgrade may not have gone through correctly on the switch and provisioning end.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Paintingpenguin, congratulations on your new smartphone.  I want to make sure that we work together to get all of your features up and running ASAP. I don’t want you to miss any more important phone calls from the family or potential job offers. I want to make sure that the device is being registered on our the network the correctly. I did request to follow you. I also sent you a Direct Message. Can you please respond back to that message. I’m looking forward to working with you.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes