Why can't I make outgoing calls, but I can receive incoming calls? I'm also able to send/receive text messages.
ahues1214

I'm able to receive calls, but cannot make outgoing calls. I'm also able to receive/send texts and emails. Someone please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I make outgoing calls, but I can receive incoming calls? I'm also able to send/receive text messages.
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Do you get an error message when o placing calls?

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I make outgoing calls, but I can receive incoming calls? I'm also able to send/receive text messages.
tylerw1285
Contributor - Level 1

dial the area code along with the phone number. like (xxx) xxx-xxxx

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here for you, ahues1214. Our forum friends did provide some great comments. If you're receiving an error even when dialing the 10 digit pattern, please let us know the message and we'll be sure to find the reason for your calling difficulties. Please also let us know if this is effecting anyone else in your area, along with your zip code.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
itsandrewscott

Hello I am having the same exact problem. There is NO error message, I have full bars and am in a place i regularly make calls without a problem. It just says "Dialing..." whenever i try to make an outgoing call. I tried to call myself from a landline, and my actual cell phone does not ring or alert me that I have an incoming call. I can however, send and  receive text messages without a problem. Please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Itsandrewscott,

I am sorry to learn that you are having the same trouble. We would like to take a look into this further for you. As our forum friends suggested are you dialing the numbers with the area code? What zip code are you in? What make and model phone do you have? How long has this been going on? Please fill us in with the details please.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MAREBARE65

I am having the same problem.  It started 2 days ago and I am not receiving calls it is going directly to voicemail.  I am also having problem with my texts being delivered.  I am getting an error message no network available, but those with iPhones are not having any problem connecting to the network. When I can send text messages the battery drains after just a couple messages.  Also, the battery is running hot.  I am not sure what has changed since I have not changed anything on the phone.  This issue is making the iPhone definitely more appealing. 

0 Likes
itsandrewscott

This started two days ago. It is selective. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note

4. I don't know anyone with any other service that is having disruption. I

live in zip code 33304 in FL and the rest of the people on my plan are in

07470 NJ. They do not have any interruption in service. I brought my

phone to the Verizon store and it worked. It will work in certain areas of

my town, but now all of a sudden it does not work in certain places I go

on a daily basis. I heard of the Sim card going bad, but I learned

yesterday that this is happening to Verizon customers in other places

because there is an outage, is that true?

On Jun 18, 2015 9:27 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
oreocookieblues
Enthusiast - Level 2

is there a solution ? 

0 Likes
oreocookieblues
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes . a white box with the words  "mobile network not available"  and  "cancel"   

0 Likes