Why can't I send MMS messages?
anselhazen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can send regular texts just fine. Attaching a picture causes it to spin and fail to deliver.

Network services work fine. I get pop3 emails and Google Maps works.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Brand new customer with LG Vista can't send mms text
anselhazen
Enthusiast - Level 2

This afternoon I walked in to the Verizon Store on Steven King Drive in Augusta Maine.

A woman with a name tag identifying her as the general manager of the store programmed a new sim card for my phone and right there at the counter got MMS to work.

THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!  🙂

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The MMS messages need a 4G or 3G cellular connection to send or receive unless you are using the Verizon Messages+ application. Do you have this when it fails?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
anselhazen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, when I tried to send earlier today while at work I had a solid 4G connection.

What does messages + offer me over other standard text apps?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The ability to send MMS over wifi and sync with a tablet or computer.

You can also check with Verizon Customer Support at 1-800-922-0204 to verify that MMS isn't blocked on the line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
anselhazen
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK well I am at home, had a solid 4G link. Enabled messages + and set up a mms text.

No go. Text failed to send.

Any reason why mms is blocked by default on a brand new activation?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why didn't you say that in the first place? The port isn't complete if you ported in from another carrier. Call customer service and have them fix it.

0 Likes
anselhazen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not port from another carrier. This is a brand new fresh account.

CS did verify mms is not blocked. I was able to receive but not download the content of an mms text. But that is most likely because where I have to be to use a computer is not the best place to be with a cell phone.

They had me shut down and they updated my network. I live in the willy wags so I can test the changes better when I leave for work tomorrow. There is solid 4G all the time when I am working.

The reason for my concern though has been that all day today with a solid 4G I could not get an mms text to deliver.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We being able to use all the functions of your phone is a must, anselhazen. We want to make sure you have a great experience with us and our service. Are you still having an issue sending or receiving MMS? Is your service a Post Paid service or Prepaid?

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
anselhazen
Enthusiast - Level 2

MMS is a function that is still not working 100% and I don't understand why. I can be in an urban area and have a 4G link and 4 bars of service but an mms text will not go through. The other day at my house where service is spotty I was able to send one with a 1X link and 2 bars.

What I have done since the last time I worked with CS is this:

I read somewhere that there seems to be a link between the latest versions of hangouts and mms issues. So I uninstalled hangouts back to the original factory version. Force stopped it and disabled the app. Right after that is when I was able to send my first mms. Later I tried another and my phone said it dd not send. Yet the person I sent it to said they got it.

One thing is certain it seems, every time a CS rep "updates" my network settings it gets worse. I had much better reception for calls when I first activated the phone and hadn't had anyone update anything on the phone.

anselhazen
Enthusiast - Level 2

10/26/16 I turned my phone on this morning to find an mms message from two separate senders.

3 hours later in an area with good signal I can not attach a pic to a message and have it send. The phone says connected to Verizon and not roaming. 4g link is present. I have a screenshot of a solid connection showing.

Really beginning to think Verizon is a poor choice for my phone service.