Why can't I send or receive mms while on a call?
Michellie08
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently upgraded my phone to the Samsung Galaxy 6s edge+. Now I can't receive or send picture messages while on a voice call. I didn't have this issue with my last Android phone. What's going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't send or receive mms while on a call
Michellie08
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on a call now and using the Internet. I just tested the picture message again and it worked this time. I turned on the "advanced call" feature last night. Would that have anything to do with it working right now?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your good friends at Verizon wireless are here and ready to help Michellie08. Congratulations on your new phone, we will get your text messages flowing and find out what is going on. What happens when you try to send a text message while on a call? What zip code are you in? Are you using the native text messaging application or 3rd party application?

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Michellie08
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello. Thanks for replying. When on a call, I can't send or receive picture messages. Regular texts work fine. I get a "download" link when someone sends a picture but it never downloads until I end the call. And when trying to send one, it just continues to say "message sending" but doesn't send until I end the call. I'm using the message app the phone comes with. My zipcode is 30064, but will soon be 30328 when I move in a couple months. Also, I have been missing many calls and texts. People constantly tell me they've called or texted but I never see it on my end. This has been so frustrating...especially since this is supposed to be a much better and newer phone.

Michelle Ghunmeyeen

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details Michellie08. We plan on getting this resolved for you. Can you tell us, when this issue occurs and you are on the call, does it show LTE near the signal? Can you also tell us if you are unable to use the internet? You must be on LTE rather than picking up 3g to use voice and data at the same time. Please let us know.
BobbyN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Michellie08
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think the Internet is an issue. I've been able to use it while on the phone. It seems to only be picture messages that won't come through or send. But I have noticed that a lot of times when I'm on a call it immediately goes to the 1x symbol.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal it to get that ability back for you. Multitasking makes the world go 'round. But we need the fuel for the job. If you are on a 3g network, you cannot use voice and data. If you are on LTE you can. It helps us to figure out the type of issue that we are dealing with. Picture messages need data and if you are on 3g they cannot come through. This is the reasoning for the question. 1x will definitely stop you. Can you tell us if the device goes to 1x every time you call? Simply try calling voiemail to test. Please share the results with us.
BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
Michellie08
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just called my voicemail. It still said 4g lte

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thats great, what happened when you tried to open the web browser?  this will test voice and data. You could also send a picture message to yourself for testing. This will help with isolation. We are very close to figuring this out! Thanks for your partnership.
BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
Michellie08
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on a call now and using the Internet. I just tested the picture message again and it worked this time. I turned on the "advanced call" feature last night. Would that have anything to do with it working right now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is correct Michelle08, it can make a difference. That and or not accessing an LTE network. I'm glad to see that you have that functionality back. I multitask too. Is there anything else that you need?
BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes