Why can't I stay connected to wi-fi?
JosiRosas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know very well that I'm not the only person with this issue. I can't use WiFi without it dropping or saying can't connect, same issue on data. Support says wipe cache, I did and no it did not work! Then they say you have to do a master reset, well I did and it only worked for a day or two then it started up again. This has been happening since the update was released, having to master reset 2 times in a week is unacceptable there should have been some kind of new update to fix this or some kind of news but I haven't heard or been told anything besides these same "support answers" that do not work.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 6.0 WiFi, data issues.
JosiRosas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have found a fix for my issues, I would have never known since I always, always, always have it on but there some bug with the battery saver. If you have it on it seemso to cause the drop in connection regardless if on WiFi or data. I turned off the battery saver and restarted the phone(not master reset) and phone has been running smoothly. I have recommended this a friend who had the same issues on his S6 and his is working fine as well.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
il_buono
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been experiencing the same thing. It's extremely annoying, and if you're not careful, it can eat through data if you happen to do something and don't notice it has disconnected from wifi. A factory reset won't fix it and others on Reddit and various Android forums are experiencing it too. Some say changing some router settings does the trick, but that only solves one situation and it hasn't worked for me. Support staff can't expect us to change the settings for every wifi network we use just because the software on the S7/S7 Edge is causing an issue.

Voldoll31
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same issues!!! Never had a problem until I did this update. I have a Samsung note 5. I called tech support and they said they haven't heard of anyone having this issue. I am extremely frustrated!!

0 Likes
stonekelrn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, I have a note 5.....My Wi-Fi  is not connecting since update and I have an extender as well. I noticed first my extender was not showing network extender. So I called and worked on that. But then I checked my Mom'said phone (she has a Galaxy 5.) Everything is fine with hers. Now this weekend my data went crazy high. I checked everything and my phone started running increased data since update. I called and he said my network card is most likely the issue and send me another phone. But it really makes me upset.

Voldoll31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, thank you for your input! I have a Verizon rep scheduled to call me back again to help troubleshoot the phone this evening once I get off work. I am so frustrated. I need to check my data too. Did they make you do a hard reset on your original phone first before deciding to send you a new one? Is the new one working without any issues?

JosiRosas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have S6edge

JosiRosas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have found a fix for my issues, I would have never known since I always, always, always have it on but there some bug with the battery saver. If you have it on it seemso to cause the drop in connection regardless if on WiFi or data. I turned off the battery saver and restarted the phone(not master reset) and phone has been running smoothly. I have recommended this a friend who had the same issues on his S6 and his is working fine as well.

stonekelrn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, sorry for late response.  I had already did a hard reset before I called. I had an issue similar with an update when I had a Galaxy S4. I knew the drill. I reset my Wi-Fi first. Then even my extender. Turn off my phone and restarted. The issue continued.  After speaking with Tech Support he confirmed I did all he would ask me to do. There was one setting I had to check but it was set correctly.  And all my other device's  were connected including a Galaxy S5. He said I would be sent out a phone. Recondition of course. But I haven't received it yet.  This was late Sunday.....now I will say this, He said for overnight would cost me $12 something and or free would take longer.  It should be sent overnight free, but I didn't think before I agreed to just let it be sent out. Or I would have pushed for overnight.  It isn't my fault the Update cause me a whole afternoon plus now redoing another phone !

Good luck ! I guess we will see if the phone they are sending work's!!

0 Likes