Re: Why can't I turn off emergency alerts?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As noted earlier in the thread, do you have an Emergency Alerts app in your app drawer?  In other words ... Apps > Emergency Alerts

That's where it's now located on some other Galaxy devices.  If the app is there, tap it to open it, then click the Menu button (the three dots in the upper right-hand corner); that'll open to Settings.  Tap that and you should have choices such as Alert Types.  Tap that and you can uncheck Extreme Alerts, Severe Alerts, or AMBER alerts.

S_Stiers
Enthusiast - Level 2

tikibar1  Hallelujah!  I had seen the application in running apps but never saw it in the Apps folder.  That did it!

Thanks Very Much! ! !

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.

glamdring1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an S9+.  There is no emergency app.  I did find a setting for emergency alerts but the toggle is grayed and therefore won't let me turn it off. I tried clicking the setting to see if it would give me individual alert options but that didn't show anything useful.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

glamdring1

We truly understand that unwanted alerts are never fun and we will assist you to the best of our abilities. Where exactly are you getting these alerts (via text message or just a phone notification). What messaging application are you using? Have you looked through the settings of the messaging application used to see if you have any alerts enabled there?  EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
sr1329

I have it off on iOS 13.6.1. Why are they still coming? Stop sending me these stupid alerts. 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes