Why can't VZW fix my phone issue issue?
Chriso0

Hello, I purchased a Htc rezound around early 2012 and I am having constant problems with the phone. I've stayed quiet with the phone for a couple months after purchase because they had 4g tower issues back then but now, i am opting for replacements. My 5th htc rezound is on its way and every time I speak with someone from vzw, they urge that I get other alternatives which arent really high end like LG phones from vzw. They offred droid razr but i had to repeatedly tell them that it would be a clear downgrade from my rezound.

I have called against and they decided to have another rezound shipped.. Every couple days i receive my rezound, i tell them the same issues over and over again.... Overheating, Extremeley bad reception, screen issues(GPU crashes and screen turns black, the same way as if you turn off a normal room light), gives me the wrong time(correct timezone-wrong time(random)), and other indigenous problems.

When they ask me what phones I may be interested in besides the rezound, I tell them samsung galaxy s3. I dont understand why they cant swap it after 4+ replacements and me having spent $300 for the htc rezound. at face value, s3 is $600 while rezound is $650. There is no other phone from vzw that can compare with rezound spec wise currently besides the s3 yet the vzw insists a razr would be an upgrade for me.

After expanding upon my frustration with vzw over the phone, they seem to be prompting me to upgrade my phone, thereby losing my unlimited and paying additional $200-so for galaxy s3.

I even bought all the acccessories for htc rezound such as the extended battery(all giddy from excitement of beast phone).

I am so tired of getting replacement phones, seding back and waiting, vise versa.

what action can i take at this standpoint......?
Please help

P.S. I am seriously considering switching away from vzw, Their customer service is not helpful. Im thinking sprint..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't VZW fix my phone issue issue?
Tidbits
Legend

Verizon didn't manufacturer the device.  They are also not a software company, and are a service provider.  The best Verizon can do is test out the software when HTC submits them, and that's it.  It's ultimately HTC's obligations to fix their product.  The longer HTC takes the longer it takes for it to be delivered.

Your rezound isn't the newest product, and it is used.  Right now you can get the rezound for $349.99 off contract while the Galaxy S3 is $599.99 off contract.  No matter what company you deal with doesn't matter what industry they will not do what you ask.

Chriso0

still, I've heard vzw holds liable for the warrantys.

on the vzw, s3 is listed msrp $600 while rezound is $650.

All I want is a working phone for which i paid $300 for...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

you've HEARD is the keyword right there.  Verizon doesn't.  They follow the agreement set forth like any other carrier.  It's cheaper to replace a device rather than you sending it in to the manufacturer.  That is what Verizon does on behalf of the manufacturer.  If they had retail stores like Apple it would be different, but they don't.

Also the when I said $349 was because that is the best value you'd ever get for a USED Rezound, and also your device has been refurbished.  You can't compare MSRP no matter what type of product you buy when comparing something new to used.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Did you contact the manufacturer's technical support and lay out what you are experiencing with these 4 previous devices, and perhaps the 5th when you get it?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Have you loaded apps to each device? My guess it is an app that is constantly running

Place the phone in safe mode, see if the issues disappear

0 Likes
Chriso0

I mentioned the price because the first rezound I purchased was faulty as well, I just stayed quiet since I thot one of the issue was relevant to the 4g tower issue. SO In other words, i had paid $300 for a defective phone. But regardless, I still had numerous other issues.

0 Likes
Chriso0

I didnt directly contact htc manufacturer of my own accord yet.

The vzw rep said that they can send my device to the htc manufacturer but they also said that would take over 2 weeks and I would be without a phone, and I NEED A PHONE.

How helpful do you think the htc manufacturer itself would be?

0 Likes
Chriso0

in terms of overheating, It would get upto 110F within 2 mins after coldboot (within the 2 mins in which i access my email.

And in terms of app-relevant issues, every replacement phone i receive is stock and the only backup i do is the contacts so no old app is carried on to the new replaced one.

god im so sick and tired of having to deal with this. is an issuefree phone so much to ask

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I would contact HTC. I don't know how they would react here. However, provide a good objective analysis of everything you've experienced and tried. W.R.T. overheating, 110degF is abnormal, and it's likely killing battery life in VERY short order. What program have you been using to monitor battery temperature?

There might be something wrong with your adapter. It might be supplying the wrong voltage or current. In these devices which you've received as replacements, was the cable and adapter swapped out as well?

Another possibility is you might have some luck going into one of their "corporate" stores as opposed to a branch store location, if one is available. Be in a position to demonstrate the behavior. Google Verizon Corporate Store with your zip code. You have to find a person in a position to do something for you and you might just get lucky.

0 Likes