Why did the phone icon on my home screen become useless after the KitKat update?
Androidowner1

I received the KitKat update on my DROID Razr Maxx HD 2 days ago.  Now when I click on my phone icon from my home page, the message "App not installed" displays.  Now, in order to make a phone call, I have to open all my apps and scroll to "phone icon".  How do I reinstall an app that is obviously still there.  Apparently the update disconnected the link to the app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why did the phone icon on my home screen become useless after the KitKat update?
DC6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can't tell you why, but you should be able to fix by simply replacing the shortcut.

1) remove the current shortcut on the home screen by holding the shortcut and dragging it to the "X remove" option

2) go into your app list and find the phone link there, hold it and drag it back to your home screen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why did the phone icon on my home screen become useless after the KitKat update?
DC6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can't tell you why, but you should be able to fix by simply replacing the shortcut.

1) remove the current shortcut on the home screen by holding the shortcut and dragging it to the "X remove" option

2) go into your app list and find the phone link there, hold it and drag it back to your home screen

0 Likes
Androidowner1

It worked.  Thanks!!

0 Likes
Androidowner1

It worked.  Thanks!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Androidowner1,

Woo Hoo! I am so excited to see that your shortcut issue has been resolved.  Thanks for keeping us updated.

Have a great day!
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes