Why didn't my phone change for daylight savings time?
Nkieffer508

Why did the time not change on my 2 android phones, and the iPhone did change times.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Time change
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check to see if Daylight Savings Time is disabled on the phone, the Timezone is correct, and the phone is set to use Network time. All three of these being incorrect could cause the clock to not roll back.

A tip with time zones - not all countries have Daylight Savings Time. Even if the time says it's eastern time with GMT -5:00 or GMT -4:00, if the incorrect region is selected DST will not apply even if DST is enabled.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the phone set to automatically set the time based on the network? Did you reboot the phones?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I never like to be too early for things (especially if it means missing out on an hour of sleep in the morning).  Lets check that out.  Are those lines set to retrieve time automatically from our network?
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check to see if Daylight Savings Time is disabled on the phone, the Timezone is correct, and the phone is set to use Network time. All three of these being incorrect could cause the clock to not roll back.

A tip with time zones - not all countries have Daylight Savings Time. Even if the time says it's eastern time with GMT -5:00 or GMT -4:00, if the incorrect region is selected DST will not apply even if DST is enabled.

0 Likes
Snap1

go to settings > scroll to date & time, turn automatic time zone.

0 Likes
maryfrang

I am wanting to cancel my appt which was to be May 16th at 3pm at the Lake Grove store on Middle Country Rd.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us via the Community Forums. I appreciate you  alerting us that you want to cancel the appointment. Is there anything I can do to help you here?

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
Kuhns32

I confirmed these settings and it is still not adjusting to DST. What's your next suggestion? 

0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes