Re: Why do I get this message: "Unfortunately VZWAVSService has stopped"
bumboola
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have a GS5, go to settings > system updates and press "check for new software update." Although it says something about a Bluetooth fix, it includes other fixes and also upgrades your phone to KitKat 4.4.4.

Problem fixed.

0 Likes
Not applicable

kdl391 wrote:

I am still getting this. But only when I reboot my phone. I deleted a bunch of unnecessary apps too. I think this is the reason my phone is running so slow and it's starting to get really frustrating. I haven't even had the phone (GS5) a full 5 months. Ridiculous.

It's an issue with google+. You need to make sure you have auto-updates disabled on Google play. force stop google+ clear cache and clear data and uninstall updates. And if you really don't use it disable it altogether

0 Likes
Otterpond

FACTORY RESET DOES NOTHING PROBLEM COMES RIGHT BACK

0 Likes
Grateful_Droid

I started getting this message tonight, immediately after the Verizon store put an NFC SE SIM card in my Samsung Galaxy S3. So I'm not sure it's strictly a Google+ issue.

The motion on my live wallpapers stutters sometimes now too, after the new SIM card was installed. I think I'm gonna go back tomorrow and hopefully get my original SIM card back. Forget the Soft Card app, I'm probably going to get an iPhone 6 anyway.

I'd also like to know why this post is showing my real name instead of the screen name I entered when I created this account just now. What a total bunch of crap.

0 Likes
Grateful_Droid

Oh I see, screen name shows up if I'm not logged in. Sorry to start complaining on my first post here.

Anyway, I think this may also be a SIM card issue, or at least that has something to do with it. It appears to be the direct cause on my phone.

0 Likes
G3_S5
Enthusiast - Level 3

Check out this discussion, worked for me.

LG G3

0 Likes
markymark81

I hate to bring this discussion up again, but I do have something important to add.  I have an Samsung S3 from Verizon that I use on Page Plus 4G (Sorry Verizon!).  I just reflashed the software to factory and have stock 4.4.2 Android, currently un-rooted.  I noticed the VZWAVSService has stopped error start occurring shortly after all the app updates ran.

I did notice something else however.  I like to use the Onavo Extend data compression app to get 2x to 4x more data out of my mobile plan.  The Onavo app starts crashing constantly, and then reloading itself.  I believe this happened after the VZWAVSService service stopped functioning.  On the previous install of the same Android OS, the Onavo Extend app DID work for a while.  Now that I think about it, I believe the VZWAVSService crashing occurred about the same time as Onavo started crashing.

I am going to factory reset the phone and see if I can get Onavo to work before doing any updates at all.  Will try to update on a post.  If anyone knows about this, let me know!  Thanks

0 Likes
lpnsrock

Isn't it the app that will allow you to connect to cameras in your home for home safety ?

0 Likes
lildeer

My wife's Samsung Galaxy S3 is going through the same issue. It's been confirmed that the problem is fixed with kitkat 4.4.4. Apparently her S3 is currently on 4.4.2.

When will Verizon push update 4.4.4 to the S3 lineup?

Device - SCH-I535

Version 4.4.2

thanks,

Sean

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your wife's phone to work as intended lildeer! While we do not have any information about when or if, a software update will be available for the Galaxy S 3 in the future, let's make sure that your wife's phone has the latest available software. Please visit this link http://vz.to/1uya7rp for steps to check view software version, and provide baseband version and build number. Also, when did the issue start? What troubleshooting steps have you tried? I don't want to ask you to do the same steps again.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes