Why do I hear static while navigating apps?
Kathy254
Enthusiast - Level 1

My  droid X  has static when navigating apps not when on calls. My battery life  is now about half of what it was. Any suggestions on correcting  these issues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Static / Battery Life
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Static is not something we want you to experience with your phone Kathy. Let's get to the bottom of this issue and explore ways to resolve. When did this static issue start? Any physical/water damage? What is your phone's software system version? http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-33915/

For tips to extend your battery life please see this link http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-38765/

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Eddy5319
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here. I used to go 2  days with no charge and now it barely makes it through the night.

Kathy254
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you also have static? I wondered if they were connected.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Static is not something we want you to experience with your phone Kathy. Let's get to the bottom of this issue and explore ways to resolve. When did this static issue start? Any physical/water damage? What is your phone's software system version? http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-33915/

For tips to extend your battery life please see this link http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-38765/

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kathy254
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for responding. My software version is: 222.26.7.ghost_Verizon.VERIZON.en.US. This was updated on 9/17/15. My problem started about a month or two ago. It is not a constant problem but makes me feel as if it may fail and my cell is my only phone. There was no damage to the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eddy5319 No doubts about it, we want you to get the most out of your device. We can certainly trouble shoot your phone to figure out what is causing the battery to drain. One thing I would ask you to keep in mind is that our phones are like mini computers. They are capable of doing so much, so fast, which uses much more battery usage.  I charge my phone every night it’s not bad for the phone. Please provide a few details so we can get started. What phone make/model do you have? How long is the screen saver set for?
DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kathy254,

Thank you for verifying your software information . Battery Life can be tricky. Let’s look into details. Since there is no damage to the phone itself, the battery should not fail. It is more than likely that there may be something running in the background that could be draining. Did you try the battery tips?

JenelleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eddy5319 We are certainly ready to assist you today. At this time I do not see a post. Please tell me how we can assist you.
DeloresK_VZW

0 Likes