Re: Why does Verizon NOT offer the Samsung Note Edge?
Tidbits
Legend

Sorry these are the only devices I have with me at home.  I have more at the office. As you can see I have the Note 2 and Note 4 with me.

2014-12-04 20.16.13.jpg

Tidbits
Legend

Here's an old picture of my drawer at work.  Someone where there should be a Note 3 among other devices.

I could sort through my pictures and find pictures of the other drawers I have at the office for the other devices, but I am too lazy right now to do that.

2014-03-13.jpg

I stand by what I say.  Samsung Edge is nothing more than a gimmick.  Practical usage isn't there.  SPen has practical usages, and can be used everyday.  People will buy the edge and in 4-5 months majority of the people who purchase it will wish they didn't spend the extra $100 for it.

Spoiler1041
Enthusiast - Level 2

Too funny. .......  do you seriously think having old phones supports a logical argument for your opinion?

Besides, I see no phones, only boxes.

Tidbits
Legend

Do you want me to turn them on too?  I just took them out of the boxes. 

I am using your logic.  You said if I ever used a Note I would know it's not a gimmick I am just showing I have used them and I have owned them.  I still call the EDGE a gimmick.  I was just showing proof I do own them and I am not blowing smoke.

2014-12-04 21.12.15.jpg

Spoiler1041
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good enough.  You can continue to believe it is a gimmick.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

So explain the practical use of the EDGE display.  I can show you more practical ways.  That wouldn't cost users the extra $100.  Spen has multiple practical uses.

0 Likes
Spoiler1041
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well like I already said by using the spen as an example, you don't really know all uses until you have it for a while.

But I would think being able to place an extra 30 apps on your pages since the 5 at the bottom will now be on the edge.

I believe apps won't be interrupted (kicked off screen) when a call comes in,  I love that.

Saving battery life by only using edge for notifications,  happens to me all the time when at concerts.

Just off the top of my head.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Spoiler1041 wrote:

Well like I already said by using the spen as an example, you don't really know all uses until you have it for a while.

But I would think being able to place an extra 30 apps on your pages since the 5 at the bottom will now be on the edge.

I believe apps won't be interrupted (kicked off screen) when a call comes in,  I love that.

Saving battery life by only using edge for notifications,  happens to me all the time when at concerts.

Just off the top of my head.

write them out.  I already know and seen everything about the edge with and without the SPen.  There's multiple practical ways to do what that edge does without paying $100 for it.

Motorola active display uses less battery than the EDGE for notifications.

LG, and Stock Android 5.0 doesn't kick you out of an app when you get a call.

all of those don't cost an extra $100 to implement.  As for the 30 extra apps... majority of people are not going to put their whole app library on their home screens. 

0 Likes
Spoiler1041
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, thanks.  I'll just buy those 2 phones and ignore using my phone the way I would prefer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I am merely pointing out.  The next Major update android 5.0 will make a lot of the perks you get paying $100 extra for pretty much a waste of money.  It's a gimmick to get you to spend more money like I said.  I have yet to see ANYTHING that the EDGE display can't be done without spending $100 extra for which is what a gimmick is.

Gimmick means an ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, especially one designed to attract attention or increase appeal.

You appealed to the device because the design is different and it increases its appeal.  If people actually stepped back it isn't worth the $100 they are charging for it.  Of course people would find ways to justify it.

0 Likes