Why does Verizon messages not sync fully between iPad and Android?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Ok. My husband gave me his iPad 3rd Gen last night. He got an iPad Air 2. I'm just getting used to firing a tablet in my life so I'm ok with it being an older model. If I use it more than I think I will I'll consider an Android tablet but right now the iPad is ok. Of course he updated to iOS 9. No big. I don't think this version should get iOS 9 but it'll stir me for now. If anyone knows how to make it a little faster upI'd be  for suggestions. My issue is that I would like to sync my text messages to the iPad and my LG G3. I downloaded Verizon Messages and I'll receive ask incoming messages on both devices but, when I send a message using the iPad, they don't sync to the phone. Strange thing is that when I send a message from the phone they sync to the iPad.

Now I did try an app called My SMS and that worked both ways but I'm not crazy about the UI on the G3 and I, frankly, don't trust it. Basically because I don't know how it works. I'd like to know if the messages are routed  through Verizon or another server.

Mostly, if anyone know why it's not syncing with VZW messages and how to fix it that would be the best solution.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does Verizon messages not sync fully between iPad and Android?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sprmankalel,

I understand the importance of having both devices sync your information. Verizon Messages primary function is to push messages form your mobile device to your tablet. We make strides to improve the functionality of this app. We have forwarded your suggestion to the App Provider and hope that we can see this implemented.

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Except since it wasn't my default app on my phone it wasn't syncing. I selected restore messages from online and it seems to work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That was a great idea to try the restore, sprmankalel. I'm glad you found a way to get it to work. You also did uncover an important detail that the Message+ application would need to be the default application in order for the sync to be successful between all devices. To change the default messaging application for your G3 to have smooth synchronization going forward, go to Settings > More > Default message app > tap Message+.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I had already made it the default. It was just a matter of syncing.

0 Likes