Why does my LG V10 -Suddenly make a loud beeping noise?
margauxnh

A couple days ago my LG V10 started beeping -- very loud, high pitched, repeated.   People could hear it in all the surrounding offices.  I'd been reading and sending texts or using Tweetcast, nothing I don't do all the time.    It took some time to power the phone down, and that did make it stop, and it hasn't happen again.  There was nothing in the drop down task bar out of the ordinary, or any other visual signal to clue me in on why the phone was beeping.  

Any ideas?  thank you.

Margaux

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG V10 -Sudden loud beeping
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

margauxnh,

I would be alarmed too if my device was making that noise! I know mama23dogs mentioned weather & emergency alerts. You mentioned there wasn't anything specific with the weather that day. Emergency alerts will be different. Emergency alerts can be any extreme alert. The main one you may see cause this to go off is for Amber alerts (missing person/child). This can certainly have your device make this loud noise. You may check to see if you have emergency alerts active on your V10 under: From the Home screen-> Tap Apps Icon-> Emergency Alerts-> Menu (3 dots in upper corner)-> Settings-> Check/uncheck wanted or unwanted alerts.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Are you signed up for emergency alerts?   Weather?

0 Likes
margauxnh

The weather alerts I get make the same noise as a regular text.  The weather that day was not in alert-worthy conditions.    And there was no sort of visual indication that any alert was in effect.    This was more like the sound if you pressed "alarm" on your car key fob.

I just hope it doesn't happen again!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

margauxnh,

I would be alarmed too if my device was making that noise! I know mama23dogs mentioned weather & emergency alerts. You mentioned there wasn't anything specific with the weather that day. Emergency alerts will be different. Emergency alerts can be any extreme alert. The main one you may see cause this to go off is for Amber alerts (missing person/child). This can certainly have your device make this loud noise. You may check to see if you have emergency alerts active on your V10 under: From the Home screen-> Tap Apps Icon-> Emergency Alerts-> Menu (3 dots in upper corner)-> Settings-> Check/uncheck wanted or unwanted alerts.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
margauxnh

Christina - thanks for the answer.  I checked, My emergency alerts are on, but according to the App, the last time an alert was posted was a Severe Threat weather Alert on 10/21/16.   If I got an Amber Alert, I'd think it would tell me what the alert was for, right?

And it just seems odd that the beeping happened two days this week, in the middle of the day while I was using the phone.   Yesterday I chatted with a tech via the Tech Coach app, who suggested I delete an app I newly downloaded last weekend.  I'll see what that does, and I also got the Operating System upgrade last night.

0 Likes