Why does my S6 keep rebooting itself?
BobbieD
Enthusiast - Level 2

My S6 keeps rebooting itself. it will do it 4 or 5 times in a row and then stop for awhile, then when i go to hit an icon, it does it again.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does my S6 keep rebooting itself?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BobbieD - making sure your phone works properly is our top priority. Let's work together to get your device back to normal. If that rebooting still persists, please perform the following steps:

Immediately when the device powers on to the home/lock screen, put it into Airplane Mode. Removing the SIM and switching Wi-Fi off may also help to keep it stable. Then, remove all Google accounts from your device as follows.

1. Select Settings > Account > Google
2.Select all Google accounts on the list and remove them

Next, wipe Google Services Framework data via these steps.

1. Select Settings > Applications > All > Google Services Framework
2. Select Clear Data

Upon completion of the above steps, you'll want to “Uninstall Google Play services updates."

1. Go into Settings>Security>Device Administrators to deactivate the Android Device Manager.

2. In the Device administrators screen, you may see an entry for Android Device Manager, with a checkbox next to it. If that entry exists, and the checkbox is checked, click on the checkbox. If not, skip to step #4 and disregard step #5.
3. You will be taken to a screen with details for Android Device Manager. Click the Deactivate button at the bottom of the screen. This should bring you back to the Device administrators window.
4. In the Device administrators screen, you may also see an entry for Android Pay, with a checkbox next to it. If that entry exists, and the checkbox is checked, uncheck it.
5. You will be taken to a screen with details for Android Pay. Click the Deactivate button at the bottom of the screen. This should bring you back to the Device administrators window.

After completing the above steps, return to the Settings screen by hitting the back button twice and then Select Apps or Applications>All>Google Play Services>Uninstall Updates.

Lastly, Enable Android Device Manager by returning to the Device administrators screen. If the checkbox next to Android Device Manager is not enabled, enable it. You will be taken to the screen with details for Android Device Manager. 2.Click the Activate button at the bottom of the screen. This should bring you back to the Device administrators window.

Once all above steps are complete, you can remove the device from Airplane mode and all Google accounts/apps can be added back and updated as desired.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

RCB929
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had the same thing with my S6 E, it would boot up and stay on for about 45sec the reboot! Samsung replace the phone after a full day trying to repair it at the samsung store in New York!! Then after getting the new phone I noticed the camera was off centre and had to send it back !!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BobbieD - making sure your phone works properly is our top priority. Let's work together to get your device back to normal. If that rebooting still persists, please perform the following steps:

Immediately when the device powers on to the home/lock screen, put it into Airplane Mode. Removing the SIM and switching Wi-Fi off may also help to keep it stable. Then, remove all Google accounts from your device as follows.

1. Select Settings > Account > Google
2.Select all Google accounts on the list and remove them

Next, wipe Google Services Framework data via these steps.

1. Select Settings > Applications > All > Google Services Framework
2. Select Clear Data

Upon completion of the above steps, you'll want to “Uninstall Google Play services updates."

1. Go into Settings>Security>Device Administrators to deactivate the Android Device Manager.

2. In the Device administrators screen, you may see an entry for Android Device Manager, with a checkbox next to it. If that entry exists, and the checkbox is checked, click on the checkbox. If not, skip to step #4 and disregard step #5.
3. You will be taken to a screen with details for Android Device Manager. Click the Deactivate button at the bottom of the screen. This should bring you back to the Device administrators window.
4. In the Device administrators screen, you may also see an entry for Android Pay, with a checkbox next to it. If that entry exists, and the checkbox is checked, uncheck it.
5. You will be taken to a screen with details for Android Pay. Click the Deactivate button at the bottom of the screen. This should bring you back to the Device administrators window.

After completing the above steps, return to the Settings screen by hitting the back button twice and then Select Apps or Applications>All>Google Play Services>Uninstall Updates.

Lastly, Enable Android Device Manager by returning to the Device administrators screen. If the checkbox next to Android Device Manager is not enabled, enable it. You will be taken to the screen with details for Android Device Manager. 2.Click the Activate button at the bottom of the screen. This should bring you back to the Device administrators window.

Once all above steps are complete, you can remove the device from Airplane mode and all Google accounts/apps can be added back and updated as desired.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

BobbieD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now this morning my phone rebooted about 6 times and now has shut off completely, and won't turn back on.  Unfortunately for me i didn't see what you had sent me til now.  What can i do now that there is no battery to take out and put back in hoping it will work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a workign phone is paramount BobbieD. Let's get you back up and running. Since the battery on your phone is not removeable, you may try an alternate soft reset to power your phone off. For directions on how to perform a soft reset on your phone click, http://vz.to/1T29xRD

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BobbieD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Michelle I I'm sorry but there is no correct answer button below your response to click.  I did as you said and it is working mostly ok but does still have the issues.  I finally got to take my phone to the Verizon store and had someone look at it, and he said they are aware of the issues and are working on it.  that is usually the answer I would get.  But I just keep doing what you said and it works, even if for a little while.  I tried the one the previous guy sent me but my phone doesn't even have the items he was telling me to click on.  So thanks so much for the help you all have given me!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If soft resetting the phone as suggested by the Verizon rep isn't working, this might be a case of a bad battery. I had similar issues appear at work with a Note 4. When the phone was "worked" or trying to boot up, it would get caught up in a loop of rebooting. The problem.was resolved not by pulling the battery, but by swapping in a new battery.

BobbieD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks so much for the information!  I took the phone back to Verizon and they said lots of people are having the same issues and to keep updating the phone, which I have done a couple of times now but the problem is still persisting.  in fact it is happening more and more constantly draining a fully charged battery.  So rebooting it and putting in a different mode doesn't work.  Any other ideas Verizon?  Phone only a few months old and is a piece of crap.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try disabling fast Charging on the phone. Once disabled, let the phone discharge from a full charge twice, and then run the phone to 50%, Reboot, and charge it up overnight.

If the phone is still misbehaving, talk to Samsung for a warranty replacement. The battery is not user serviceable per Samsung, and each phone has a one year warranty on it.

0 Likes
BobbieD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you know how to disable it? I have searched the phone but cant find where to turn it off.

0 Likes