Re: Why does verizon suck at getting phones?
sk8rat
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't say I wanted the one that bad. I actually don't want it at all because there's nothing special about it besides the metal build. No its Verizon's fault because of how much they messed up the galaxy nexus so Google didn't want them to mess up another nexus. I see how you selectively answer my arguments with ones you know are right. 1 more problem though is when they do finally get a phone they slap their ugly logo all over it + 4g LTE. Every other company has LTE so what's the point of putting a 4g LTE logo. I understand a vzw logo on the back but they don't need to mess the front of the phone up with their logos.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

A logo, you're concerned about a LOGO?!?  I take it you've never bought a t-shirt?  This world is huge on brand recognition and logos are on everything.

sk8rat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Notice how you didn't reply to the rest of my comment. And yes I'm concerned about a logo. You don't see any other phone company pasting there logo anywhere they can put it. At&t used to do it but now they've learned their lesson and only put a very small logo on their phones (example: at&t HTC one). And no you fool its nothing like buying a shirt. If I buy a, let's say LRG shirt, you don't see the stores name put all over the shirt because its an LRG shirt its not the stores shirt.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually AT&T forces a "logo" on the front of their phones as well. Have you ever noticed that "AT&T" is always in the notification bar of their phones? It is a logo and can't be removed or covered over without breaking the software.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sk8rat
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd rather have one small logo on the back and one tiny one in the notification bar then a giant logo on the front and back. I mean look at the note 2 and lg g2. To perfectly good phones made ugly by Verizon's branding.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can agree on the LG G2 for poor logo placementon the front of the phone. The Note 2 doesn't bother me as much. The logos on the back of the phone usually don't bother me since the case covers them so nicely.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

What, you mean where you said Verizon "messed up" the GNex?  They didn't mess anything up, they just like to maintain a lot more control over the updates, so the updates didn't get pushed out right away.  This doesn't fit with Google's concept of their Nexus line.  But it still wasn't because Verizon didn't want another Nexus. 

And yes, it's exactly like buying a shirt, it still has a logo on it.  Though I, for one, kind of appreciate the logo, especially now with so many phones that are identical across the carriers, If you buy one used, it's nice to know which network it will work on. 

But, back to the original post, no, verizon doesn't get EVERY phone, and that's ok.  They are getting better at getting flagship phones, but I think that has more to do with the OEMs realizing that Verizon has the best network and so they are willing to make a compatible version.

0 Likes
sk8rat
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't see them meddling with ios updates so why do they have to do all this crap to android phones? By maintain control you mean release updates months after they came out then yes.

>>name calling removed<<   if you buy a certain brand shirt from a store the store doesn't slap its logo over the shirt. If you buy it used theres plenty of ways to tell what carrier its for. If you look at the verizon moto x that is fine. It just has one logo on the back just like it should be

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apple waits until all the necessary approvals are taken care of before they released a newer version of the OS. That means Verizon is testing the update in the weeks prior to the release.

freddyttt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh i disagree....

metal body-

Two front facing speakers-

boom sound-

blink feed-

HTC Zoe-

HTC Video Highlights

IR blaster-

thats ground breaking stuff to me-.

The S4 would have been ground breaking if a lot of what they offered were not panned as gimmicky- the only flop in the one is the camera-. everything else got rave reviews(50-50)on blink feed-

0 Likes