Why is Verizon LAST on the Galaxy S4?
m00nbeam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been eligible for upgrade since October and have been waiting anxiously since then for the release of the Galaxy S4. To find out that Verizon is not selling it until a full month after everyone else makes me really angry. It also makes me want to change carriers. Why, Verizon? What reasonable explanation is there for being so far beyond everyone else? I could see a week, maybe two. But a MONTH?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is Verizon LAST on the Galaxy S4?
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

Because they obviously feel like making people so mad over something so insignificant.

Who knows, things get pushed back all of the time.

0 Likes
Not applicable

So you've waited this long an an extra month( which you don;t even know if it's a month because Verizon hasn't said that ) you are going to switch carriers? What is going to happen in the next month that makes this so urgent?

Novakingwai
Enthusiast - Level 2

Before you jump to conclusions, calm down.  A lot of things in this world are based of licenses and contracts.  Maybe Samsung has a special license that gives the other carriers exclusivity for a limited time.  Just like when the iPhone came out, only ATT had it. 

Not applicable

Exactly. The earliest anyone will have it is April 24th via t-mobile and even then it's only through the website. To get it in person you have to wait until May1 st. At&t is on the 24th and Sprint is on the 27th. Could Verizon not have it until May 30th? Sure they could also have it on May 3rd. Nothing has been stated either way.

0 Likes
joeguy0326
Enthusiast - Level 3

Like Brian said, it could be any time in May. The only thing I'm worried about is Verizon doing with they did with the Note 2 and branding veriozn o nthe home button.

0 Likes
m00nbeam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Brian, I didn't say I WAS going to switch carriers. I said it made me *want* to. Big difference there. Smiley Happy  As I stated elsewhere, Verizon has the best coverage in my area and gives a good company discount. But it does still annoy the crap out of me that Verizon is so far behind all the others.

And to the others, yes, I realize there could be legitimate reasons for the delay, but that's why I'm asking the question. I'm hoping a rep will actually answer it. And while there has been no firm date stated, the rumors are consistently stating the end of May.

@joeguy0326, from what I saw on the Samsung site, it will not have Verizon branding on the home button. Only on the back of the phone. Of course, that doesn't mean it couldn't change, or not be a true representation. That's just what I saw.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SCH-I545ZWAVZW

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

m00nbeam wrote:

I'm hoping a rep will actually answer it.

This is a customer-to-customer forum.  Verizon reps ocasionally pop in and respond, but it isn't guaranteed, they don't respond to every post, and when they do respond, it's often a week or more after a post has been posted. 

With that being said, they don't discuss phone launches on this forum.  You might want to follow the Twitter news feed:

Verizon Wireless (VZWnews) on Twitter

0 Likes
Not applicable

Honestly why does that matter so much? Ashamed of being a Verizon customer? Honestly who is staring at you phone so intently to notice that anyway? My current phone which I have had for nearly 10 months has a huge Verizon logo on it. A lot bigger than the one on the Note II I have yet to have anyone say anything about it.

0 Likes
m00nbeam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you, that's good to know. I'll pass on the Twitter feed - I hate Twitter.

I did sign up through Verizon to receive information as it becomes available though.

0 Likes