Why is Verizon Messages displaying all information for my contacts?
reaktorblue

Previously, when I clicked on the pencil icon to create a new txt message within Message+, it would allow me to start typing a name of the contact and then would display the contact but only their phone number. After an update, now when I start typing their name, it displays everything.

As an example, a contact with the following details:

Name: John Doe

Home: 555-555-5551

Mobile: 555-555-5552 (set to default)

Work: 555-555-5553

Email: john.doe@email.com

Email2: 5555555552@vtext.com

Previously, if I typed, "John Doe", 555-555-5552 would be the number that it would auto populate with. Now, if I type in "John Doe" I have to select through a list of 555-555-5551, ...5552, ...5553, john.doe@... and so on.

Is there a setting to change this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ seems to display all data of contacts
RyanBaker500
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having this problem with my S6 but a recent update fixed it a couple of days ago.  See if you can update Message + and the problem should be solved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is a known bug in the application. There are a number of threads in Forum mostly under the specific space for the various phone model discussing the same issue.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

RyanBaker500
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having this problem with my S6 but a recent update fixed it a couple of days ago.  See if you can update Message + and the problem should be solved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

reaktorblue,

Your messaging should be a flawless experience.Updates can caus your device or app to function differently. Let's look into this for you to be sure that all is well. What make/model device are you using?  Are there any errors that appear whil you are attempting to message?

KatiMM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes