Why is Verizon waiting on the Nexus 6? Should I jump?
Allthebrands
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you Google Nexus 6 at the this very moment and go to the Nexus 6 page, then click on buy now Verizon Wireless is the only company that has yet to unveil that it will be selling the Nexus 6. THE LARGEST phone company in the United States with THE LARGEST amount of coverage has not yet received the Google Flagship. I am up for a renewal on my contract and I have been for roughly a month now. My phone is 2 years old, the battery dies within 4 hours of being off the charger, if I open facebook and music and txt messages the phone will crash and the battery will drain. This phone is a replacement phone to phone with a broken button. Is Verizon going to offer the Nexus 6 with contract (I cannot buy off of the store becasue they are out of stock and I cannot afford it without a contract) or should I try and make the switch to another phone company in hopes that they provide customer service and quality phones to purchase?

Granted I am in college and on my folk's contract and if I were to switch to a new phone carrier I would be paying out of pocket.

I know this sounds like a rant, but some part of me feels like if they see enough customers unhappy they might wake that one guy up that is supposed to press the button and start the line of Nexus 6 VZW phone models.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is Verizon waiting on the Nexus 6? Should I jump?
NoteLover
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hang tight..the FCC has approved it, obviously. Word of mouth is should release Dec 13 Saturday. Normally VZ releases their new stuff on Thursdays. Fyi

0 Likes
Wheres_the_Nexus_6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Better be this week or I'm seriously considering jumping ship. So tired of having to settle for some other phone because I can't get the phone I want on Verizon.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You can get it now. You don't have to get it from Verizon for it to work.

0 Likes
Allthebrands
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes but even then it is scarce. also a $200-$300 contract is more affordable and more possible in my budget then waiting on back order for a month after paying $700 to Google or Motorola.

0 Likes
Not applicable

$700? It's $650 Why go with a contract? Lock yourself in for 2 years?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Motorola does financing and you don't have to pay it all at once. If you didn't pay a deposit for your Verizon line you will have no trouble with Motorola financing since Verizon credit check is more strict.

0 Likes
Allthebrands
Enthusiast - Level 3

$700 is the price with shipping, plus I am on a family plan with 2 other lines. I don't own the plan.

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon is really pissing me off about this. Yes you can get the phone to work on their network BUT you will not have your Visual Voicemail and I also think the My Verizon Mobile app doesn't work. Regardless, if you have any issue with the phone on their network you have no support. I left AT&T 2 years ago on the 23rd. AT&T has good service but their system is so overloaded I am always dropping calls. While Verizon has fixed those issues for me. The customer service locally sucks.  At this point in the game I have 2 choices Note 4 or Nexus 6.

My Note 2 is dying. Tired of swapping batteries in the middle of day.

Note 4: Cons: TW sucks and am tired of it. Radios in there phones are also bad. Pros: Spen, better camera,

Nexus 6:Better radios (from what I read all of them. Aren't these devices still phones after all), Pure android, removable bloatware, CONS: New OS still has bugs, screen not as good as Note4, Camera is average, NO SD card or removable battery

Honestly, I have been watching this phone since the beginning. The wording on GPS has changed several times. I have the feeling Verizon will never carry this phone because Google is trying to very specifically limit what and where the carrier can add their bloat. For example the AT&T ring tones are stored in a different partition. It looks Google will only allow it stored in a way that all of these phones gets timely updates. Verizon doesn't really care about updates except to the Droid line. The MOTOX kinda falls under this line because it is a Motorola phone.  That being said the nations largest carrier is probably throwing its weight around. Why don't they throw their weight around to Apple?

Speaking of apple: Verizon has sent me 3 emails to early upgrade to an Iphone6. If they care so much why not offer me an early upgrade to and Android or Windows phone?

Sorry for the rant! I am currently contemplating going back to AT&T because of the crappy local customer support and lack of Nexus 6 on Verizon. I will make my decision on the 23rd. I already know I can walk into Tmobile and get one. 

Dear Verizon,

You are the largest American carrier. You are the last to have this phone. WHY? Why not just give us a freaking date? And why would you not have this phone in time for Christmas?

Tidbits
Legend

Motorola X doesn't fall in that line... Because it's a Motorola phone.

The 5.0 update went through because it uses the old drivers and firmware. Only the OS was updated. Motorola apps were not updated as well. That's why it got the update so fast. There was no radio testing because none of the code that would affect the radio went untouched.

There are a lot or APIs missing for the Moto X due to this way of updating, but by going with a modular design in their code you can give the placebo effect that updates are coming quickly even though it's not the full update people are expecting.