Why is my Droid Mini suddenly not receiving all texts sent to me?
AMKrieger

It doesn't matter if the sender is iPhone, Blackberry, etc. or Verizon, AT&T, etc.  It started with picture messages.  I had to send a text to whoever was sending me a picture before the picture "pushed through".  Now I am sporadically not receiving regular texts.  I am missing important messages - this is unacceptable!

I have service during the missed messages.  I routinely get a "Messaging has stopped working." warning.  Sometimes I'm on WiFi, sometimes I'm not.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my Droid Mini suddenly not receiving all texts sent to me?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to miss any messages AMKrieger, I know how important it is to receive and send them. Please make sure your wi-fi connection is turned off, then reset the messaging application (make sure it's the stock application), http://vz.to/1hSEebv . Test your messages again and keep us posted.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
marielaveau

I'm having those same problems, but IN ADDITION the app will spontaneously shut down, sometimes with a message that says, "Sorry, messenger has stopped working".  This has been happening more and more frequently over the last 6 months or so.  I'm pretty sick of it.

0 Likes
reinis

Same problem as the others - messages being missed and the app keeps crashing.  Seems to be more than just a handful of people reporting this.

I've reset the app, restarted, removed and reinstalled the SIM card, all without success.  Any other suggestions? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for performing all those steps reinis. Have you performed a factory reset on your device with out the automatic restore? We will need to see if any of your apps are having a conflict with the software on your device.

KInquanaH_VZw
follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
mrob1822
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having the same issues (not receiving texts, force closing of the app, can't send messages). It's very frustrating that there seems to be no fix to this. I have been to the store multiple times, have preformed a hard reset twice and updated all apps in the Google play store. Nothing seems to work and this has happened to both of my droid phones. Can someone please let me know if you found something that works?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mrob1822,

That's not good! Let's get your issues resolved. How frequently are these issues occuring? Is the sending/receiving text message issue occuring with certain contacts or all contacts? Please delete all messages in the text message thread to keep the "force close" error message from appearing. Keep me posted with results

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
mrob1822
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello. This has been occurring for over 3 weeks since I did an update on the phone. It is very frustrating. I have tried clearing messages and that did not work. I ended up downloading a 3rd party messaging app to text and so far that texting app has worked.  Will there be a fix anytime soon?

mrob1822
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also happens with any contact.

0 Likes
catskhiker

My Samsung Note 2 can send text messages, but has stopped receiving all text messages. Tried several fixes, tried removing battery-sim card & factory reset to no avail.

0 Likes