Why is my SD card saying I don't have enough storage?
melzywi
Contributor - Level 1

Ok I had the same issue with my G3. I could not save to my SD card it kept giving me the "not enough storage space" and there is like 23gb left.  I was told by a rep when I ordered the V10 that they had the V10 and you could transfer apps to the SD card.  I get the V10 and try to transfer some items over and I again get to about two apps and it says not enough storage space. Is there anyone that has a V10 with Verizon and has no issues with saving to the SD card multiple apps (more than 10)?  I've checked my micro Micro SD card to verify the storage space and health. And it's a good card.  Just wondering.  Thanks

Melissa

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG V10 Not Enough Storage Space Error Transfering to SD Card
melzywi
Contributor - Level 1

I solved my issue.  I went into file manager. I told it to show hidden files. I found a strange twc.err file on my SD card. I wasn't sure what it was so I googled it. Someone on another forum was asking what the file was and that they were getting a low volume space error and they hardly had anything on their phone. Someone replied that they didn't find a whole lot about it but other people had the file and deleted it with no repercussions and it solved their issue. So I deleted that file, and now all of a sudden I am able to transfer files to my SD card! Really odd!  Not sure why that kind of file would prevent me from saving apps to my SD card as it's not a system file.  But thought I'd post in case anyone else had the same issue.

Mel

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: LG V10 Not Enough Storage Space Error Transfering to SD Card
melzywi
Contributor - Level 1

I solved my issue.  I went into file manager. I told it to show hidden files. I found a strange twc.err file on my SD card. I wasn't sure what it was so I googled it. Someone on another forum was asking what the file was and that they were getting a low volume space error and they hardly had anything on their phone. Someone replied that they didn't find a whole lot about it but other people had the file and deleted it with no repercussions and it solved their issue. So I deleted that file, and now all of a sudden I am able to transfer files to my SD card! Really odd!  Not sure why that kind of file would prevent me from saving apps to my SD card as it's not a system file.  But thought I'd post in case anyone else had the same issue.

Mel

0 Likes