Why is my Samsung Stratosphere randomly not sending text messages?
NoMoreOriginalNames
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been going on for quite some time now and it is frustrating and troublesome to me that my basically new Samsung Stratosphere does not send text messages at random times throughout the day.  At the same time when I try to make an outgoing call it connects me to the Verizon network automated line stating to restart the phone and try again, if that doesn't work dial ???? (can't recall the number) and speak to someone about the issue.  So anyway, I've definitely attempted to restart the phone, or power down and then restart phone.  Neither of these tactics ever work, but over the course of the 5 minute black out it gets service again.  I can't stand this, as it is my only phone right now, obviously I'd get another one if I could and I understand that the Stratosphere is not the most sought after phone (it's pretty lame), but regardless of how lame my phone is, why would something like this be happening?  I've spoken with at least 3 online techs (they all sound exactly the same) and they all had me basically do the same things.  If anyone has had a similar situation and found a fix could you please advise? I am currently running Gingerbread 2.3.6, wireless home network, or follow this link Samsung Stratosphere specs.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my Samsung Stratosphere randomly not sending text messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NoMoreOriginalNames, thank you so much for bringing this up. I want to make sure that we get everything taken care of on your device. I depend on my text messages for everything. Are you using the normal text message application that came with the device? Or are you using a 3rd party application? One thing that we can try is to place the phone into safe mode http://vz.to/1qENAfp  Please try that for a few hours and then see if there is any changes.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Re: Why is my Samsung Stratosphere randomly not sending text messages?
NoMoreOriginalNames
Enthusiast - Level 2

Appreciate the response, I will attempt the safe mode boot and I understand that would eliminate any of my apps as the culprit if it continues.  I use the messages app that came with the phone.  I've factory reset it twice, and been online with tech to no avail.  It's not only texts, but calls as well.  I am also pretty sure that it happens wherever I go, but I haven't noted it happening outside of my apartment yet.  I am on alert.  Ciao.

0 Likes