Why is my service, both wifi and data, turning grey randomly? Also lost 4g.
mc646307
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm still running my beloved Galaxy Nexus.  Excellent phone.  For about the past year my service would occasionally turn grey and stop updating my email.  It would usually turn blue within an hour or so.  The problem started when I traveled for the first time with the phone, went to Denver from the east coast.  It's became much more frequent and long lasting since I took some forum advice last month while trying to get it to turn blue again and I cleared the data in Google Services Framework.  Now I no longer get 4g in most places, only 3g.  I believe this is some type of setting issue rather than a physical problem with the phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my service, both wifi and data, turning grey randomly?  Also lost 4g.
Snn5
Legend

You are loosing your connection to Google Servers when Grey.  I never had a long-lasting disconnect, mostly random and for a sec or 2 on my GNEX.  Power down, remove SIM, reinsert after a min and power on.  If no dice, get a new free SIM from a corporate store, or by calling Cust Service.

0 Likes
Re: Why is my service, both wifi and data, turning grey randomly? Also lost 4g.
mc646307
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did not know they would replace sim cards for free on an older phone.  Thank you.

Re: Why is my service, both wifi and data, turning grey randomly?  Also lost 4g.
Snn5
Legend

Welcome! Smiley Happy

0 Likes