Why is the LG V20 Smart Lock feature disabled?
Dustyridr

My new LG V20 does not have the Smart Lock feature enabled.  I found this topic on Verizon support, but it doesn't work.

Smart Lock - LG V20 | Verizon Wireless

Will this feature be enabled?  I need this feature in order to be able to used the trusted devices feature on the phone.  I don't want the phone to lock when I'm using the phone with a trusted blue tooth device.  It's a standard feature of the phone, but apparently Verizon Wireless has disabled it. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is the LG V20 Smart Lock feature disabled?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Smart Lock - LG V20 | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What kind of security do you use on the phone now? Swipe? Pin? Password? Something else? Do already have the Bluetooth device paired with the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I have the V10 and whenever I connect to a new BT device it asks if I want it to be trusted.

I don't see why this would be different on the V20.

Simply unpair from BT and start over. It should ask if you want to use it as a trusted device.

0 Likes
Dustyridr

I have a pin and fingerprint setup for security.  I know that you have to have something set up in order to use Smart Lock, but it isn't there as an option.  From the videos I've watched, Verizon has changed the whole settings menu.  The only thing I can find is a "Trust Agents" setting under the advanced settings of "Fingerprints and Security."

0 Likes
Dustyridr

There is no option for me to add a device as trusted when pairing a new device.  I was hoping I overlooked it before, but it isn't there. 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Settings>security>smart lock

0 Likes
Dustyridr

Screenshot_2017-03-08-18-38-09.png

0 Likes
Dustyridr

Above is a screen shot from my phone.  There is not Security category under Settings.  If anyone has the Smart Lock feature on their LG V20, please take a screen shot and show me. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is only part of the Settings menu.

0 Likes
Dustyridr

Those are the "only" settings on my phone. Do you have a LG V20 phone? If so and you have more settings available than my screenshot, do you know how you enabled them? I've watched videos on Youtube that only show the same ones.

0 Likes