Re: Why no LG V20? Sprint, Tmobile and AT&T have it. If you don't offer it soon, I'll be forced to switch.
Michael00000
Enthusiast - Level 2

New phone for my wife is in route now should have it by Monday, EARLIER then the store and other carriers will have it!!

So glad the wife can get the Note 7 gone for good.

0 Likes
Re: Why no LG V20? Sprint, Tmobile and AT&T have it. If you don't offer it soon, I'll be forced to switch.
lhbert
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ordered my V20 today over the phone; Marsha with Verizon was awesome Smiley Happy  In addition to the headphones (which we will have to put a promo code in a website starting 10/26 and wait 4-6 weeks Smiley Sad) they were also offering a package deal - Otterbox defender case ($60 case), glass screen protector and car charger for $69 but they waive the $20 activation fee so it is $49.  She offered to waive overnight shipping costs and I should have it all tomorrow Smiley Happy).

I truly hope this phone lives up to my expectations, I have been using a Galaxy Note for the past 5 years (currently have the Note 4 which they will give $200 for on trade in) and had planned on going to the Note 7 until the recall.  I am looking forward to the camera, audio playback and Android 7.0; I just hope I don't miss the S-Pen too much????

0 Likes
vdastoli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sure you have your reasons but why not consider pixel/xl? This phone is insane. I've used galaxy used lg this phone in my 2 days using it doesn't cease to amaze.

Only downfall I'm having is no more ir blaster, but I'm sure I'll work through that.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

NoNoBadDog wrote:

My whole point is that I feel that the ball was dropped. Verizon should have announced their plans when the others did. Doing so would not have cost them anything

Unless you KNOW that Verizon did not have contractual obligations due to Pixel exclusivity preventing them from announcing the device earlier, you can't state with certainty that it would not have cost them anything. And if you DO know that information, it is just as likely you KNEW when they would have released the LG V20 anyway.

garp01us
Enthusiast - Level 2

ordered mine yesterday, received it about 20 minutes ago, letting the battery charge atm. Looks like a real nice phone, I'll post later once i get it activated and use it for a few hours.

NoNoBadDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

I won't go for the pixel:

1.  Non-removable battery.

2.  smaller screen

3.  no microSD card slot

Re: Why no LG V20? Sprint, Tmobile and AT&T have it.  If you don't offer it soon, I'll be forced to switch.
GRETHO12
Enthusiast - Level 3

PLEASE KILL OFF THIS DATED THREAD!

0 Likes
Re: Why no LG V20? Sprint, Tmobile and AT&T have it.  If you don't offer it soon, I'll be forced to switch.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

GRETHO12 wrote:

PLEASE KILL OFF THIS DATED THREAD!

Dated? It is only two weeks old. You should see the 3 or 6 year old threads that some people drag up from the grave.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
garp01us
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess you all missed my post? The LG V20 is currently available from Verizon, they actually released it before any of the other carriers. I've had mine since Friday the 21st and it is a very nice smartphone. Extremely fast, very user friendly, the dual screen option is nice hopefully with an update so you can put what you want up there it'll be even nicer, the cameras are unmatched as is the HD sound. The battery life is spectacular but then all new batteries are great till about the 2nd or 3rd month of charging, lol. The price was phenomenal compared to the other carriers, under $700 and AT&T for example want almost $800 for it.

sll1313
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did consider the Pixel XL.  First off , unfortunately, the phone wouldn't be delivered until December. Then the fact that I would need 128 gb since there is no sd card.  The price for that phone vs this phone was considerably more.  It also had smaller screen.  I also wasn't crazy about some of the reviews I read.  For me the plan was to use this phone until the next "Note" came out so I didn't want to spend that much.  I actually considered a used phone. because I was going to make this phone my backup.  Boy was I wrong.  I actually really like the LG V20.  I actually love this phone so far!  I never had a LG before and I am quite surprised on how much I like it so far.  I don't understand why Verizon disabled so many of its features.  I never had this great of battery life and speed on any phone including the Note 7.  So unless I end up missing the S Pen a lot, I will just keep this as my phone.  I guess Samsung is really hoping I miss the S Pen otherwise they just lost a customer.  I feel bad that this happened to them, but I think they handled this recall so badly I hope more people go to either the LG V20 or the Pixel XL and it wakes them up to provide a much improved customer service model.  Presently, it's the worst!  I even had one representative from Samsung tell me that they don't care if my wife's S6 edge plus blows up.  I quote, "Don't call us on her phone, only the Note 7.  We don't care if her S6 edge plus blows up or catches fire."  How ridiculous!  Well it looks like Samsung's loss is LG's gain.