Why won't my device charge while plugged in?
ajillity81

I have my galaxy 6 plugged into my computer and it is not charing.  The status screen says there are approximately 1 hr 25 min left for full charge but after 30 minutes, the change in battery does not go up and it still says 1 hr 25 min left for full charge.

What is going on?  Why won't it charge?

I don't always need to use the fast charger.  I have the one that came with the phone at home.  At work, I am using the cable that came with my galaxy 3.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galacy 6 not charging when plugged in
beentheredonethat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Test it every way you can.  Wiggle the charger plug, apply pressure to it when its connected, try a different charger, try charging it while the phone is powered off, try the charger on a different phone.  Try to get a handle on whether its the phone or the charger.  If its the phone then backup everything and Factory Data Reset the phone and retry.  If its the charger then check its warranty.  Verizon handles the manufacturer's warranty on bundled accessories for 90 days; after that you'll have to go to the manufacturer direct or buy a new charger.  If its the phone and FDR doesn't fix it, Verizon handles the 1 year manufacturers warranty on phones.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ajillity81! Establishing a solid charge is very important! How long ago did you receive your Galaxy 6? Is the phone responding to a charge via the wall outlet? How low is the battery reflecting? If too low, charging the phone via USB can take much longer than via wall outlet charger. Has there been any physical damage the phone or USB port? Thanks in advance!

KristieQ_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
beentheredonethat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Test it every way you can.  Wiggle the charger plug, apply pressure to it when its connected, try a different charger, try charging it while the phone is powered off, try the charger on a different phone.  Try to get a handle on whether its the phone or the charger.  If its the phone then backup everything and Factory Data Reset the phone and retry.  If its the charger then check its warranty.  Verizon handles the manufacturer's warranty on bundled accessories for 90 days; after that you'll have to go to the manufacturer direct or buy a new charger.  If its the phone and FDR doesn't fix it, Verizon handles the 1 year manufacturers warranty on phones.

0 Likes
ajillity81

KristieQ, are you saying that there is no reason why i shouldn't use the galaxy 3 charger with the galaxy 6 phone.

i forgot to bring the wall adapter to work today but i will try it tomorrow.

0 Likes
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

Honestly, when using a computer, you can expect it to be very slow. It's normal because your computer doesn't give off that much power.

0 Likes