Why won't my new Moto X (2nd Gen) charge in the car?
DocMphd

Incredibly frustrating that my new Moto X 2nd gen won't charge in the car. Other devices charge in my car, using 2 different adaptors, but my phone won't charge. What gives?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why won't my new Moto X (2nd Gen) charge in the car?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DocMphd,

Let's take a look and make sure we find resolution.  The phone isn't recognizing the chargers at all?  Is your Moto X charging properly from a wall outlet?  Are you using a Motorola or Verizon car charger?

Please share some further details so we can find the root cause for you. Thanks!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DocMphd

My phone charges just fine everywhere else and other devices charge just fine in my car. My phone does not charge in any car, with any USB cable I've tried or any adaptor I've tried.

In my car I have tried 2 different car charging adapters, neither Moto or Verizon.

Instead of charging, I get a red "X" over the battery icon in the notification area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DocMphd,

Thank you for the details.  It sounds like thehe adapters that you're using may not be compatible with the Motorola device.  I would suggest looking into a Verizon Wireless tested charger here; http://vz.to/17ycvC.

Additionally, you can check with Motorola on compatibility information; 800-734-5870.

Please let us know if we can further assist.

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Motorola phones are known for their cable/charger quirkiness, i.e., it's best to use Motorola-branded chargers/cables (or am I misunderstanding your post and you have tried a Motorola car charger?).

0 Likes
DocMphd

Sounds like a way for Verizon to sell more chargers.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's a 'Motorola thing', and Motorola OEM chargers can be found at decent prices from places like Amazon.

0 Likes
DocMphd

Except the same thing happened with a Verizon S3 after an Android update....so I'm guessing its a Verizon thing.

0 Likes