Why won't my pantech perception turn on past the logo?
MrMawell

My phone froze and became unresponsive, so I held down the power button to turn it off. I tried turning it back on after about thirty seconds. The phone vibrated for a moment like usual and went to the Pantech logo, but wouldn't get any further. I tried removing and reinserting the battery and restarting it several times. Then I tried entering recovery mode. The phone would go into recovery mode, so I tried erasing my data. I erased all data twice, but the phone would still get no further. I tried removing and reinserting the SIM card (while the phone was off), but nothing changed. Should I take/send it in to be replaced, or is there anything else I can try to have a functioning cell phone again?

Some other information, if it is relevant:

I do not have an additional memory card. I was using only the phone's internal memory (16 GB I believe).

My phone has frequently had difficulty connecting to WiFi.

Prior to my phone crashing, I spoke on the phone for over an hour and received a series of long email strings, both of which are unusual for me.

The phone froze soon after I opened the internet browser, though it was running a bit slow for a few moments beforehand.

Thank you for any advice or recommendations!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Pantech Perception Won't Turn On Past the Pantech Logo?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of ensuring you have a working phone MrMawell. You do have the option to take the phone to a store location for a hands-on evaluation or we can also continue to assist here. To locate a store nearest you click, http://vz.to/1bUtDMJ Have you tried performing a hard reset on the device? Before performing a factory reset, I would like to disclose that this will delete all personal content on the device and take back to factory settings.  For directions on how to perform a hard reset follow the steps below:

1. Ensure the device powered off. If phone is Frozen, remove and reinsert the battery first.

2. Press and Hold the Power Button+Volume Up botton simultaneously until the hard reset menu appears, then release.

3. Press the Power button to confirm.

4. Press the Power button to confirm

- Allow several minutes for the factory data reset and reboot processes to complete. If you continue to experience difficulties with the device, please reach back out to us.

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
MrMawell, let's defrost that device. Does the phone have any physical or liquid damage?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MrMawell

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've dropped my phone every once in a while, but I see no significant signs of physical damage. And as far as I know, my phone has never gotten wet. So, no on both accounts.

0 Likes
MrMawell

Hello again,

Is there somewhere else I should ask about this problem where I might get a faster response? I understand that Customer Support may be busy, but I would like to be able to get my phone working again as soon as possible.Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MrMawell, it's important to us that you have a properly working device. The impact of a fall can cause long term issues. We provide a one year manufacturer warranty which covers software issues. However, insurnace would cover it if it has physical damage.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/equipment-protection-overview/?intcmp=SearchBanner:insurance:...

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MrMawell

Thank you for getting back to me, and sorry for the delayed response. My phone has no visible signs of physical damage. It has a protective case, which prevents the battery cover from ever coming off when it is dropped. And, at the point when my phone stopped working correctly it had been quite some time since I had last dropped it.

My main question is whether or not I should come into the Verizon store or send my phone in for repair. If you have any suggestions of what I should try to get it working again, I would appreciate that. Otherwise, I would like to know where to bring it or send it to be fixed.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of ensuring you have a working phone MrMawell. You do have the option to take the phone to a store location for a hands-on evaluation or we can also continue to assist here. To locate a store nearest you click, http://vz.to/1bUtDMJ Have you tried performing a hard reset on the device? Before performing a factory reset, I would like to disclose that this will delete all personal content on the device and take back to factory settings.  For directions on how to perform a hard reset follow the steps below:

1. Ensure the device powered off. If phone is Frozen, remove and reinsert the battery first.

2. Press and Hold the Power Button+Volume Up botton simultaneously until the hard reset menu appears, then release.

3. Press the Power button to confirm.

4. Press the Power button to confirm

- Allow several minutes for the factory data reset and reboot processes to complete. If you continue to experience difficulties with the device, please reach back out to us.

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes