Why won't my phone get service?
DVaira

I've had a Galaxy S5 for a few weeks now, ever since it came out. It was working fine until all of a sudden today I just stopped getting service. No matter where I am I don't get any service. I don't know if maybe the Verizon tower near me went down or something but I would like to get this resolved as soon as possible considering I have phone calls that I need to make and I can't.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why won't my phone get service?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yep, there could be an outage.  One thing one can try is resetting the SIM card, i.e., turn the phone off, remove the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), wait a couple of minutes, then reinsert the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and wait a few minutes for a fresh network connection.

0 Likes
DVaira

Yeah I've done that twice and still to no avail. It either has to be a tower or my 2 week old phone is a piece of crap

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DVaira,

Let's get your phone up and running again, so you can enjoy your great, new phone! What's your zip code? We will check the area. Are any other Verizon Wireless users experiencing this problem as well? Have you tried using it outside your home to test if signal comes back?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Avacoombs1964

Zip code for Somersworth Nh is 03878

0 Likes
Avacoombs1964

I'm getting no service at all on my phone

0 Likes